International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Tech

Old 09-30-2002, 12:51 PM

i am looking at buying an old jeep that has been sitting for a couple of years. Upon further investigation i was told that it was used to plow the streets in a small town and that they were pulling it in reverse and dropped the clutch. Not sure why but they think either the clutch or the transmission is shot. I know that it is a 1-1/4 ton jeep military pickup but that is all i know. By looking at pictures of old jeeps i think it is a Kaiser M-715 1-1/4 ton jeep. I was wondering if it is easy to find parts for these jeeps? As in transmission or clutch parts? I appreciate any help.
Old 09-30-2002, 01:07 PM

check out www.M715.com they have links and stuff. As for parts..I amm assuming they are still available as there are lots of them out there. Some with some really heavy duty mods. If the tranny is shot, just take a T18a/D20 or something from a 70's jeep and slap in there. The NP200 that came factory is devorced I think, but I am not sure.

Couple guys here with them who can give really specific info. They are really cool trucks..I would love to have one.

Welcome to the forum if you havent been welcomed yet [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2002, 01:45 PM
King of Unfinished Projects

The Jeep M715 Kaiser 1.25 ton truck is an American icon. No possible way to get a better looking truck.

The axles and brakes can be made to work very good, but trash the entire engine/drivetrain. That NP200 that they came with is a POS. 50's technology as they were stock in the M37 Dodge. Bearings burn out at highway speeds unless you go serious synthetic oils.

If you want this for a toy, go for it. If you want this as a daily driver and have a limited budget, run as fast as you can!

I have a lot of experience with M715's and have owned a numer of them. Feel free to ask questions.

Back burner project: Crew cab M715, Cummins/Allison/Rockwell Tcase/Dana 61/Dana 71.