International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Tech

Old 08-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Master Mechanic

Razor Headlight buckets with a Rhino Grill

Anyone know if the headlight buckets from a Razor grill will work when swapping to a Rhino Grill? I have a Muscle grill on the 81 J20 but am in the process of picking up the parts to do a grill swap. At first I was going to swap to a Razor grill but changed my mind. I have a Razor grill with both headlight buckets and bezels I picked up off of Craigslist. Just wondering if the buckets will work. Not sure what trim rings I am gonna need.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Rabble Rouser

no. the big squarish (round centered) trim things screw into the razor. No way to hold them on without it..

Just get a pair of CJ beauty rings from BJs. If your razors are good you can offset the cost by selling the pair for 20 bux or so if in good condition.
Hunter S. Thompson .

Old 08-01-2008, 06:29 PM
Master Mechanic

I knew I wouldnt be able to use the grill and headlight bezels. I was just wondering if the buckets would work. I am fairly sure they will. I will probably just need to fab up some mounting tabs.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:03 AM
Grease Monkey

This picture doesn't show much of what you need so I left it big. Maybe you can see enough to compare. I swapped out a boobie grille and used the buckets from the rig I got the rhino from. It was a 70-71 so I don't know what year these are. My 68 Commando appears to use the same ones and so do 60s-70s CJs. I hope this helps.