• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cliff
    350 Buick
    • Mar 30, 2002

BJ's vs. Alcan Springs

I am planning to lift my 77 Cherokee 2.5" with a new set of leaf springs. I am comparing BJ's price of $1325 with Alcan's price of $1600+. If you have experience with either brand I would like to hear what you think. My end use is moderate off-roading, some towing, in addition to pleasure driving.
    Cliff Danley
    1977 Cherokee S

• conehead
    232 I6
    • Apr 24, 2006

I bought Alcan springs for both my Wagoneer and J-20 and in both cases I had to add and remove leaves in order to get the vehicle to sit right. Last year I swapped out the diesel engine in my J-20 to a 401 which is a lot lighter, looking for a pair for the front. I called Alcan and the guy there wouldn't even give me a guesstimate on how much the shipping costs would be telling me that it could be more then the springs themselves. I told him I really don't think I can buy them without getting even a guesstimate of the total cost but he didn't seem to care. I wound up just getting a set of Rancho springs for the front but wouldn't do it again, after about six months they began creaking and I had to put some grease between the leaves to quiet them down. I'm not sure about BJ's springs but I thought some of his were Alcan springs.

Comment

Working...
    X