International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Events > Ouray FSJ Invasion

View Poll Results: Which shirt option do you prefer?
I want black 12 41.38%
I want white 2 6.90%
We should offer both colors for an extra $1.50 per shirt 15 51.72%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Gear Head

Question Ouray shirt color poll

Still working out the shirt details. I have this to offer: Either black or white shirts only, or your choice of black or white shirts for 1.50 more. The black shirts do not cost any more than white, the only increase in price comes from printing the logo on two different colors. So vote now!

Edit: I personally think the black shirts show off the logo better and they hide dirt and stuff! But pick what you like...

Project CHOP TOP Tornado Jeep for Ouray 2013
(I'm not dead yet!)

Last edited by RiverRat : 04-26-2007 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:09 PM
Murphy's Law Poster Child

Black hides dirt n grease better

'82 J10
'65 J2000

Old 04-26-2007, 11:11 PM

What no gray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambler68
congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.

How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
Robert A. Heinlein
The birth of CROM is recorded here
http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778
Old 04-26-2007, 11:47 PM
Master Mechanic

Black does hide dirt better, but white is definitely cooler in the summer. I'd go either way...seems as if I've given up buying Harley shirts in black for just that reason. Sick of roasting in them in the summer sun.
90 Grand Wagoneer, 401/727/229, TFI upgrade, MC4350 4V, Edelbrock Performer cam, All-Aluminum Radiator, Razor Conversion, 4" Rusty's all-spring, 31x10.50 BFG TA/KO's...much planned, little time/money, thus she's a PipeDream!
Old 04-27-2007, 10:04 AM

Up here in Washington I don't have to worry about "roasting in the summer sun", so most all my t-shirts are black. I like 'em that way.

1976 Cherokee Chief - 360/TH400
1978 Cherokee WT - 360/TH400
1985 AMC Eagle 4x4 stationwagon
Old 04-27-2007, 10:50 AM
Master Mechanic

I did the same when I lived in Oak Harbor...but when I moved to Colorado, I changed to "lighter" colors!
90 Grand Wagoneer, 401/727/229, TFI upgrade, MC4350 4V, Edelbrock Performer cam, All-Aluminum Radiator, Razor Conversion, 4" Rusty's all-spring, 31x10.50 BFG TA/KO's...much planned, little time/money, thus she's a PipeDream!
Old 04-27-2007, 12:22 PM
Gear Head

Forgot to mention- poll is open for 7 days. Sorry, no gray .

(I'm not dead yet!)
Old 04-27-2007, 01:51 PM
Grease Monkey

I prefer tan myself, but I do think that logo looks better on black than white.
89 Grand Wagoneer, 360, 727, 229, D44s, 2.5" Rancho lift, 31x10.5 mud tires, Howell TBI on an Edelbrock intake, MSD TFI upgrade, Engle cam, Edelbrock shorty headers, Single 2.5" exhaust with 40-series Flowmaster, Milodon high-flow water pump, BJs Offroad aluminum cross-flow radiator.

Current Jeep Status: She's alive!!
Old 04-27-2007, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat
Forgot to mention- poll is open for 7 days. Sorry, no gray .
\
Well now I am totally bummed!!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambler68
congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.

How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
Robert A. Heinlein
The birth of CROM is recorded here
http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778
Old 04-27-2007, 08:18 PM
Master Mechanic

You could alwys buy a white one (or more) for research into dyeing it gray.
1987 Grand Wagoneer (formerly mine, now my dad's, also a tornado victim)
1994 Ford Explorer XL rollin' on 1-tons and 40s
Old 04-28-2007, 01:10 AM
Gear Head

Hey everyone, just wanted to push shirts more. Turns out the cost goes up ALOT if we order less than 50 shirts. I think I will order enough at the end to push the quantity to 50, in hopes of selling extras on the website or at Ouray. But I'm not independently wealthy (**** IT!!) so I don't really want to eat the cost.... I didn't really want the shirts to turn into a big deal but I guess they kind of are. It's worth it to me though, I would like a souvenir and I'm not busy with anything else right now. And Brad did a great job with the logo, I think. In any case, please order a shirt!! I want to keep the cost under $20 (including the Mountain Rescue donation) and that is easier the more you order. Sorry for the rant (sort of) but please buy a shirt!! I am really happy with the interest so far and the willingness of everyone to pay a little more in order to have a color choice. Again, sorry no gray.... But thanks everyone for the support! I am not profiting from this, I just want to offer shirts at a fairly reasonable cost, donate to Mountain Rescue, and not end up in debt. Again, thanks for your patience and interest! Yes, I need something else to do with my time... . Can't wait for my VACATION! Come on July!!

(I'm not dead yet!)
Old 04-28-2007, 09:13 AM
Always Broke

Count me in. I will order more than 1 shirt. Where do we offically sign up?
82 Cherokee WT – SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Old 04-28-2007, 11:16 AM
Gear Head

I am still working on the details (prices, really), the poll is to help with that. I won't have the prices until I know what we're going with, so no prices = no signup thread yet. The reason I want it all ironed out beforehand is because it is going to be preorder/ prepay. I do know that you'll have until early to mid-June to place your order though. Also there are four styles to pick from, a short sleeve, a long sleeve, a *ladies* fitted style, and a classic wifebeater . Ok, just kidding about the wifebeater . But seriously, if somebody wants one it can probably be done...

(I'm not dead yet!)
Old 04-28-2007, 02:21 PM
360 AMC

BethAnn, I will defineately order more than one shirt. I tend to get my years clothing while on vacation... mostly soveneir t's.

One thing though, and it may not be done. How about a front pocket. Is that possible? Thanks.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:01 PM

Cool

BethAnn- I have an idea to help figure out if you will be able to hit the magic '50' to get the price break.

You need to start ANOTHER poll asking how many shirts each person it planning on ordering. They can 'vote' on the poll and this will give you an idea of how many orders you will have without actually taking the orders and everyone will know how much you will be charging before they actually place an order.

The poll would go a little sumptin' like this:

----How many shirts do you plan on ordering----

Choices:

Then after everyone 'votes' you can multiply the number of votes by the number of corresponding quantity and then multiply times Pi and divide by the square root of 25. Then you'll know everything there is to know.

By the way, I am not the President of CCC, just the half-assed webmaster

-Brad
Old 04-28-2007, 08:26 PM
Gear Head

Holy crap this whole time I thought you were the pres. I am blonde huh?? I guess it was your awesome meeting leadership?? Well. CRAP! My whole world is shattered now! Ok, not really. Wow. Thanks for the info. Well you are the webwheelin' master at least.... I feel really dumb now. That's what happens when you don't come to events, the new(er) members have no idea what's going on! (That's an example of trying to pass the blame.) Well anyway the other poll isn't a bad idea.

(I'm not dead yet!)
Old 04-28-2007, 10:07 PM

If you need more sales maybe you should open it up to the whole IFSJA people. or anyone for that matter.

The shirt looks killer I think. I believe alot of others think the same. Think about it , how many Harley shirt buyers actually have Harley's. At one time I would buy the WEBN Fireworks shirt here in Cincy every year. 10 years of which I never even went to the event. But the shirts were good quality(back in the day when Fruit of the Loom was still decent), cool looking and I was into Rock Music and open air parties.
Offer it to anyone interested.I'm sure other members here would like one even though the know they be able to make it out to Ouray. It took me 3 years to finally make it. I would of bought a Tshirt for the other "Invasions" had they been available.

All I'm trying to say is; your shirt design kicks butt, I was up there were the pic was taken,I'm into Jeeps and need another TShirt

I would be interested in what brand of shirt. Can't stand those cheap T's
What about buying the iron on and applying it ourselves for like Jackets and such.
1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Bleedin' Gasoline

Blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue and.........blue. Black and white suck as t-shirt colors. Black is way too hot and white gets dirty too easy. I hate it those colors.

'86 Grand Wagoneer Super Chief 360 / TBI / WT conversion / 35x12.5x16 BFG Mud-Terrains (Project Link)
http://www.cfsja.org / http://www.fsjnetwork.com

"After years of being paranoid about my Jeep’s temp going towards that 220F mark, I’m realizing that if it was real problem, Jeep engineers would have painted that area RED." - FSJ Guy

Last edited by srobertsfsj : 04-28-2007 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by srobertsfsj
Blue, blue, blue, blue, blue, blue and.........blue. Black and white suck as t-shirt colors. Black is way too hot and white gets dirty too easy. I hate it those colors.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

(I'm not dead yet!)
Old 04-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Master Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOT
If you need more sales maybe you should open it up to the whole IFSJA people. or anyone for that matter.

I'm thinking the same thing. I'm not going to be able to make it this year. I would kinda feel disengenious wearing one without actually being there, but . . . if the proceeds go to a good cause, and buying one would help reduce the costs for everyone . . . I'm in! I love the design.

Daily Driver: 04 F350 6.0 CC LB FX4 Lariat

Jeep: 88 GW 360/727/229, Rusty's 4", 33" tires, Holley TA, TFI **Razor**