front leaf springs...which end is front??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • endothermicbiped
    230 Tornado
    • Apr 19, 2005

front leaf springs...which end is front??

I'm going through my '74 J10 replacing shocks and suspension bushings all the way around. The rear went without a hitch but on putting the front back together I'm not certain that the front springs were on there correctly when I got the thing. Here's why...ordered all my parts from BJ's. Now...according to BJ's part numbers...the bushing that should go in the front eye (the shackle end) of the front spring...that's the one that came off the back when I took it apart. The new parts fit fine...it's just that what BJ's says should go in the front of the spring came out of the back and vice versa. So...easy enough question...which way is it? On a '74 J10 on the front end...big eye of the leaf going towards the front of the truck or big eye of the spring going towards the back? Thanks in advance.

To be sure I would just measure the end of the spring to the center pin, longer side would go to the front. Center pin is offset to the rear of the rig
    Daily Driver 2008 Wrangler Sahara
    Going, Gone, or Thinking Fishing

Comment

• endothermicbiped
      230 Tornado
      • Apr 19, 2005

Cool. Thanks a bunch.

Comment

• Lindel
        Perfesser of Jeepology
        • Jun 15, 2000

I'm swapping the bushings on the front, and with the springs still attached, the big eye is in the back.
        Jeep Grounds
        RRV Homepage
        Texas Full Size Jeep Association
        1987 Grand Wagoneer
        AMC 360/TF727/NP229
        1999 Wrangler Sport
        4.0L/AX-15/NV231

?Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction? by Ronald Reagan.

Formerly of DFW/Gun Barrel City, TX - eventually to return...

Comment

Working...
        X