International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Tech

Old 06-30-2010, 07:13 PM

Thanx Tad and its B the post moves and the bracket stays still. Ill try to find a place that has some FSJ's around my area theres a few junk yards near me.

The only thing is what should i go with a j-truck shackle post and a smaller post mount up front from say a newer j truck, Wagoneer or should i just replace the bushing and the rear shackle post with a nother one from a different jtruck of the same year? I have a few neighbors around that can weld and i know i could mod something to fit since i have alot of cutting tools to use now.
Old 07-01-2010, 05:11 AM

Post mount rigs can be a pain sometimes.
If that can't be secured well enough and you have to replace it I think you need the post from a JTruck, might even be year specific but I'm not sure on that part. They are slightly different from the Wag/Chero posts, that I do know. It might not be enough to matter.

It's a tough call on replacing it:
If it was me and I just had to do one, I'd try to find a match. If I had to do two (or more) I'd probably replace the entire rear post setup with box type hangers from a newer JTruck, modify something from another truck, or just build something from scratch.

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

Quote:
...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...

Self Inflicted Flesh Wound
Old 07-01-2010, 03:07 PM

Sounds good to me Tad. I was thinking of doing something like modifying the posts to something like the front springs but instead of being under the frame id have everything welded to the side of the frame in the same spot as the original posts where.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:01 PM

Bump for The Original Honcho
I can find it on my phone but am too stupid to copy/paste from this thing.

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

Quote:
...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...

Self Inflicted Flesh Wound