International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Tech

Old 11-11-2005, 01:54 PM
Grease Monkey

I am going to be installing a fresh rebuilt motor into my wagon and will be replacing the torque converter. My first question is which one? I will be mostly driving on-road with the occasional weekend off-road trips. My second question is. Can I replace my points distributor for a HEI system and if so is there a vehicle that I could pull a used one out of? Instead of buying a new one.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:12 PM
Auto Trannie God

Quote:
Originally posted by 380tom:
I am going to be installing a fresh rebuilt motor into my wagon and will be replacing the torque converter. My first question is which one?
stock one
Old 11-12-2005, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 380tom:
Can I replace my points distributor for a HEI system and if so is there a vehicle that I could pull a used one out of? Instead of buying a new one.
some more info would come in handy. are you running an amc motor?buick 350? you make no mention of what year youve got to take a guess.

if youre running a buick 350 there is maybe a stock HEI dizzy that will swap,but if youve got a 360 or 401 youll need a custom one. you can get just as good of an igintion by swappin in later duraspark electronic igintion and doing the TFI conversion. dont let the naysayers of the board scare you,duraspark is a good setup,and you can even use the duraspark dizzy to fire a gm module and coil if youre that anti-duraspark.

you might consider adding a siginture that lists the year of your rig and how its equipped,so when you post a question the info is automatically there [img]smile.gif[/img]
38" TSL SXs
chopped,bobbed and caged

http://nightcrawlers4wd.20megsfree.com/index.html\

http://mytrailrigs4x4.20megsfree.com/photo.html\