I posted earlier today in the "Introduce Yourself" thread, promising pictures. I may be stubborn, but I ain't no liar, so here they are!
This first one is Olga (yes, that's what I named her) on the trailer ready to go home
The rest of these are of the engine bay, interior, and the best I could get of the undercarriage without jacking her up on stands
This is of her rear end. Going to either build or find a bumper, and we have the rear glass but hear its a pain to install so were waiting on that
And yes, ladies and gents, your eyes do NOT deceive you. Those are indeed the original hubcaps, which apparently are pretty desirable. Not sure what I plan to do with them yet, or for wheels in general, but either way- they're pretty stinkin' cool!
The only work we have really done is taking off the dash cover and the grille, which as you may have noticed was not well off
This one is just a pretty picture.
Another side shot, closer up so you can see the rust.
Anddd..... here's one of the things I DON'T like looking at. I guess its natures way of saying I need an airvent blowin up my leg? I dunno.
The reason those brackets are still on the dash and didn't come off with the rest of the cover is simple- the rats nest of wiring under the steering wheel is worse than awful, and we weren't going to go through the process of tracing everything out just to reach a couple brackets. We can sort it out later, it isn't a priority right now
In this next one you can see the misc. parts for the rear window and some panel covers
And another picture showing the extent of the rust. The white dot is not something on your screen; rather, it's the ground. Couldn't get a real close pic as the tailgate only opens from the inside and she's kinda hard to reach without taking down the "cover" we put over the rear window area.
Now were stepping into the engine bay, which houses the AMC 258 mated to a three-speed tranny... I'm pretty sure it has the quadratrack system too.
And finally, the undercarrige. Again, my apologies for not wanting to start the engine, back it up, put down ramps, drive up them, etc. etc. Or the easier option of jacking it up. Just didn't have the time... or maybe it was the willpower. I always get those two mixed up
And that's all of 'em! I tried getting decent pictures of the transmission so ya'll could help identify it, but that didn't happen. Once I get a budget together and start ordering parts we will probably jack it up and see what we all need. But that's Olga, whose heart will soon (hopefully) be a MB OM606TD mated to either a six-speed manual or a five-speed auto. Much work to be done, one and a half years to do it!
Edit: I thought I would remember to put this in, but obviously forgot to add was that we have all of the original badging, too... I think. I know we have most of them, but who knows.