International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Discussion

Old 06-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Grease Monkey

Super Wagoneer value inquiry

I'm going tomorrow to look at a '67 Super Wagoneer for sale, and was curious what a decent, drivable original would bring if I were to advertise it on here, or some other collector's site.

It is blue on blue, with 70,000 on the original Vigilante 327, TH400, and D20. Also it has a dealer-installed PTO winch. This may very well be the only Super Waggy in existence with an original PTO winch.

Thanks,

~The Jeeper~

Regarding a manual valve-bodied auto... "To me that's like trying to play a fiddle with a sawzall."

Nothing in written by me in ANY post can be used without my written consent.

~Eli's Jeep Supply~
Old 06-12-2010, 10:44 PM
Cowboy Up

$1,500+ depending on the level of completeness/perfection. If it has been garage art since new and routinely maintained then considerably more. Usually, even when clean they are dried out, rotted, and incomplete.

You will need to post up pics and full details to get any kind of an accurate assessment. Note the later Buick powered rigs are going to be worth more.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:59 PM
Grease Monkey

I'll snap some when I go to look tomorrow. It's sat for about 10 months, but this guy bought it from the original owner, and it is 100% complete except the wheels. It starts steers and stops, but that's the extent of my knowledge.

Does anyone know where to get a rebuild kit for, or a good used power Ross gearbox? That's one of my concerns, as my dad is going to trade his driver for it, so it needs to be close to drivable.

And I do know the rarity of the Ross stuff from my J200 experiences.

Regarding a manual valve-bodied auto... "To me that's like trying to play a fiddle with a sawzall."

~Eli's Jeep Supply~
Old 06-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Cowboy Up

When you get some pics up then our Super Wag owners here can give you a lot better idea of what they think it's worth. Too bad about the wheels but it sounds like a great score.
I can look around for someone who does the Ross box but with only 70,000 on it are you sure it needs it?
Does this rig have the Thompson power steering (assist cylinder)?
Power brakes?
4bbl carb?

I didn't know they were still using the Ross box in '67. Post up the VIN and we can check the production year.

Last edited by Elliott : 06-13-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:56 AM
Turbocharged Quandary

What was that daily driver that was going to be traded in? I would hate to see someone have to trade a turbocharged vehicle for a non-turbocharged vehicle.

Yeah, pictures would help. As you know with collector items, the more original the classic rig is , the more money it is worth. Depending on what the vehicle is, your daily driver may depreciate in value while the Super Wagoneer holds its value.

1997 Mercury Mountaineer

AIM: derektjeep

dereksbicycles@gmail.com

224 805 0773 text message is the king!!!

Find me on facebook under Derek Troy
Old 06-13-2010, 12:38 PM
Grease Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott
When you get some pics up then our Super Wag owners here can give you a lot better idea of what they think it's worth. Too bad about the wheels but it sounds like a great score.
I can look around for someone who does the Ross box but with only 70,000 on it are you sure it needs it?
Does this rig have the Thompson power steering (assist cylinder)?
Power brakes?
4bbl carb?

I didn't know they were still using the Ross box in '67. Post up the VIN and we can check the production year.

I thought they changed to the saginaw style in '73. That's what I was going by. It does have power brakes and a four-barrel.

I'm going to look at it later this afternoon, so I'll have more information and photos.

The trade is for his YJ Wrangler.

~Eli's Jeep Supply~
Old 06-13-2010, 03:43 PM
Cowboy Up

I think they went from Ross to Saginaw in '66, my '67 327 JTruck had Saginaw.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Grease Monkey

Apparently, as this Wag too, had a Saginaw box.

I didn't get any photos because my phone was dead

It had bad rust in the floors and the rear quarter panel. It would need quarters, a tailgate, and new floor pans in the front. The truck hasn't moved in about 6 months, but he says it ran enough to pull onto the trailer. It's pretty original but pretty rough. At least the body is.

~Eli's Jeep Supply~