International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Tech

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2010, 07:14 PM

Overhead Console on 1990 Grand Wagoneer

One of the four dome lights in the overhead console of my 1990 Grand Wagoneer is stuck on, and will not turn off. It is the rear right one. How do I get in to it, even to do nothing more than remove the bulb? That may be at least a temporary fix to stop my battery from draining. Right now I have to disconnect the battery. Getting access to this light bulb should be an extremely simple procedure. But my local Jeep dealers tell me that their technicians have not worked on a 1990 for a long time, and no longer remember for sure how to do this. They have suggested that the console itself probably snaps out or down to give access, but were uncertain. I do not wish to take a chance on this and break mine. Does one of you know for sure? Thanks.