I recently dug into my window (stopped working - luckily while it was up!) and found that while I had power from the dash switch still no worky. I pulled the window apart and found the tailgate switch seemed to have gone bad. I replaced the switch, reattached the channel on the bottom of the window and repaired on of the side tracks as the rubber had fallen out. It was a PITA to get the mechanism out. They are 6 self tapping screws and you need to move the window/mechanism to get to them. I suggest pulling the glass and using a jumper to move the mechanism to access the screws. I needed an impact driver to get 4 of them out. Soak them in PBlaster to help. I found the wires that attach to the glass (for the defroster) had both broken off where they attack to the glass and by the time I had repaired the rest of the things the defroster was not important enough to hassle with it. They is a very good write up in the tech section on the fixes for the window. Much Luck!!
87 GW<br />4\" Skyjacker system<br />TFI upgrade<br />360,727,NP229<br />it looks a little more like RiverBeast - and I\'m not dreaming!...<br />... just another 10 inches or so to go ...<br /><br />and NOW with an interesting bend to the body...