International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Tech

Old 10-15-2021, 02:59 PM
230 Tornado

Pre 74 Headliner

Anyone ever removed the headliner on a pre 74 Wagoneer. I have the TSM, but I'm still a bit confused on how to get it off without damaging. 1971 Wagoneer.
Thanks
Old 10-16-2021, 08:57 AM
350 Buick

There sould be bolts with little locking tab washers along the edges, screws along the foward and maybe back edges that go thru molding if memory serves me right. the two cross beams are held in by 4 bolts each, push up on the braces with your shoulder / back as you take out the bolts, the brace is sort of under tension when in. This is especially helpful when reinstalling the braces. I think thats it. maybe there are screws instead of bolts down the sides and there might be molding to remove down the sides too, its been a while. But that should be it
I made my own liner out of plastic corrugated sign board with speaker fabric glued to it, there wasnt much left of my original. This was on a 73, not sure if youurs is the same.

"When this baby reaches 88 miles per hour, you're gonna to see some serious sht!"

73 Wagoneer - 4.6L Stroker (yeah baby!!) t176/d300, 3.73's, 33" muds, 4"spring lift, 2" body. Offy dualport w/ Quadrajet, pertronix, flowmaster.