International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Tech

Old 12-09-2007, 01:28 AM
Grease Monkey

401 rebuild

I tried the search but didn't get a complete answer. I am rebuilding the 401 and was wondering where I can get a complete 401 rebuild kit that is going to give me a decent amount of power.
Old 12-09-2007, 03:16 AM
FSJ Maniac

along the lines of kits all your gonna find are stock kits. but if you want some preformance ask around here you could prolly make up a good list from the experienced people here.

In to Turbo crap now
Old 12-09-2007, 06:19 AM
FSJ Maniac

as far as stock kits go, i got my 360 master rebuild kit from www.enginekits.com not the best but im happy with the results so far.
www.kymc.org
shadowjeep
2003 Chevy Silverado
"WHEN IN DOUBT, THROTTLE IT OUT"
Old 12-09-2007, 07:13 AM

P.A.W.

full and partial kits. good quality. their "house" brand roller cam chain set is a Cloyes. their house cam kits are good,haven't had a bad one yet. Hastings rings,Clevite bearings-the only ones to use!

get the fel-pro gaskets substituted over the victor brand though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasts79Chief
... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasts79Chief
I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

→ Where the kids hang out...

fsjbuilder.org come for the mindless chat,stay for the hand drawn emoticons.

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...
Old 12-09-2007, 08:24 AM
AMC 4 OH! 1

I got all my 401 rebuild parts from these guys. http://www.fastengineparts.com/

They were easy to work with and had decent prices.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:34 AM
BJ's Off-Road

For Gaskets, I'd use Fel-Pro's set. For rings and bearings, Sealed Power. Pistons, Speed-Pro. For cam, I'd go with one of the following:
CRN-863941
CRN-864441
They both will make good power for your 401, but will still give good vacuum.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Master Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trcooperone
I tried the search but didn't get a complete answer. I am rebuilding the 401 and was wondering where I can get a complete 401 rebuild kit that is going to give me a decent amount of power.

When I bought mine a few months ago I got my kit from user "Falconglobal." Do a search for that seller on ebay. He used to work for the above mentioned "fastengineparts.com" but struck out on his own a while back. He was very good to work with and had no problem mixing and matching the kit I wanted. When I was a part or two short, I called them and had the parts at my house in two days. He was very knowledgable about what he had such as specs on the cam, pistons and compression ratios.... I don't know if his stuff is higher or lower than fast engine parts or not but I was impressed with his commitment to taking care of me when I called. His 800 number that I called is on his ebay site and rather than just buy on-line I gave him a call and did the transaction over the phone. Good luck, I have mine ready to go together, almost all of my parts, machine work done, just need the temp. to change from 15 degrees up to a more tolerable temp. I have the engine over at a friends garage (which is heated) but I'll wait for my two weeks off at Christman and start on it. Plan on the install next spring well before Ouray so I have time to road test it before a real long trip.
Alan