View Single Post
Old 06-10-2021, 10:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC/397
Be sure to cook the Stat in water on a stove to make sure it opens when it is supposed to. I have bad brand new ones before.
I am really glad you said that, Rick. I have never checked a new TStat and always assumed they just "worked". I stuck my new one in a pot with a thermometer this morning and at 220 degrees, I shut the heat off and let it sit for 10 minutes. It never opened. Guess I am going back to McParts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbinius
A super handy idea, I usually ask for two or three from the parts store when I buy a replacement and test them in pot of water before I install them, saves me having to drain the coolant again if the tstat was bad.
Concur. Wish I would have thought of grabbing 2 or more. I did grab two 1/4" NPT petcocks to replace the block drain plugs but that won't do me much good if my TStat does not work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonphil
That will be an interesting experiment, rang.
Yeah, we'll see!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehwy
That's not very many stop signs for 30 minutes 6 seconds in CaliforneiA...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehwy
Holy schomolie! even less stop lights in about the same amount of time!!! Ya sure you're in CA???
HAHAHAHAHA!! Honestly, of all the things I am going to miss when I move next summer, my commute is one of the bigger ones. I drive through strawberry fields and other farms almost the whole way to work. 20 minutes of smelling fresh strawberries, driving against traffic, 401 howling through long tube headers, windows down, ahhhhhh......
09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring