International Full Size Jeep Association

International Full Size Jeep Association (http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/index.php)
-   General FSJ Discussion (http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   what did u do to your jeep this weekend (http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=88982)

bruner1981jpce 06-20-2011 12:28 AM

Got the front switch for the rear window working pretty consistently, hasn't given out yet :thumbsup:, washed it, almost got some air shocks for front and back (maybe later), now just waiting for my 176 shift tower kit from quadratec to come in

HD_JEEP 06-20-2011 05:11 AM

A little bling...

I bought some new CJ5 headlamp bezels for my rhino swap.

TAWL_BOY 06-20-2011 06:27 AM

Started on the floors of the Cherokee.

davidtwelsh 06-20-2011 06:52 AM

tried to drill and tap new holes for center caps.
unsuccessful...drill bit must not be aggressive enough..and snapped two screws.

disassembled the tailgate.
lubed all interior mechanisms.
laid plans to deactivate the "safety" switch and replace the weatherstripping.

may have better luck next weekend

The Colonel 06-20-2011 08:51 AM

Took it camping-

Serious Johnson 06-28-2011 10:57 AM

Replaced the starter solenoid (sometimes had to whack the old one with a hammer to get the engine to shut off), and put the old one on my parts Wag in order to get a little closer to firing up the 401. Swiped the factory roof rack from the parts Wag & put it on mine with new well nuts. Maybe this third rack will last a while if I don't put anything up there :) Screwed up and pushed one of the well nuts through the hole, and now I have to go get another one, since I don't feel like pulling the headliner. Replaced leaking O-ring at pump end of power steering pressure hoose. Started to replace all the V-belts and realized that the parts store had given me two different ones for the alternator. Aired the tires up from 20 to 35 psi for a trip back to the parts store. Decided to cool off in the creek and drink beer instead.

S.J.

Aceharly 06-28-2011 11:02 AM

I flew to Florida and drove mine 1500 miles home, stopped into Daytona , drove on the beach, stopped in Harlan Ky and wheeled it a bit and then drove home. Bought a 1988 a few months ago and ended up getting it home.
Next weekend, get the spare down, look at some electrical gremlins, find rear female end seatbelts.....ect....

2ToneBluJ10 06-28-2011 11:26 AM

Finally woke mine up.

Started and drove mine for the first time since last Nov. I let it crank with the coil wire disconnected for awhile to get the oil moving and it fired right up first try with the coil wire back on. :) Needs an oil change and maybe a new battery to replace the 15 year old one in it now. Dusted it off and took a ride over to Mike7009s place to pick up a set of five slots to polish up and maybe get some 31s on it.

Captain Obvious 06-28-2011 01:49 PM

What did I do this weekend? I broke down and took (well, had it towed) it to the shop. I simply can't get traction on the no-start issue and cried Uncle on figuring it out.
:banghead:

xuno_gil 06-28-2011 02:46 PM

took advantage of some shade and put some wax on here, might be the prittiest she ever will look

bruner1981jpce 06-28-2011 04:56 PM

Installed my brush guard after sanding and a fresh coat of paint. Bought it for only $75 on Friday.
P5090006 by bruner1981jpce, on Flickr

And redid the headliner myself and installed. Gives the interior some new life :thumbsup: not too bad for a first upholstery job
P5080033 by bruner1981jpce, on Flickr

Now I'm in Mexico for a week, and the brush guard picture is from the day before I left. Is it just me or does my cherokee look angry about it? Last time I left it for a long time, the retainer cap on the transmission shifter broke while driving and had to drive home in 3rd gear. Hope I don't have another problem when I get home...

Tin Medic 06-28-2011 05:06 PM

Finally removed the roof rack and sealed the holes.

Mark Wilde 06-29-2011 12:50 AM

Ok, it was last weekend (for me, week for most folks) but got the 401 all hooked up and running. Just did some fine-tuning and adjusted the steering box. I had the motor out and replaced the bottom end bearings and put in an Edelbrock Performer cam and timing set. It comes close to snapping your head when you get on it. Next up is dropping the fuel tank and doing some PM (Preventive maintenance) and maybe re-jetting the carb. Ouray in 19 days!!!!! :fsj:

smogdredd 06-29-2011 08:53 AM

What did i re-do to My Jeep?

Re-solderd the radiator bracket, welded broken front shock tower, put two patches in tire just repaired two days ago.

gotmike 06-29-2011 09:10 PM

installed hydroboost from a 2003 suburban... it even has the extended nitrogen reservior... and all for $75.00... SCORE!!!

kevinz 06-29-2011 09:25 PM

absolutely nothing, because its at school where i work on it mon-thurs from 8 am to noon, rebuilding the original 360 :D going good so far, can't wait to get her out and finish getting her roadworthy!

BostonWag 07-02-2011 06:59 AM

Finally took care of several things that had been on my list for a while... new fuel filter (mechanical), new axle bearings & seals, cooling system flush + new coolant.

New fan shroud should arrive later today...

gotgas 07-02-2011 07:49 PM

Replaced front pinion seal, axle bearing and seal. Went for :drivin:

Snow Descent 07-02-2011 09:00 PM

Drove it! A lot. This is actually last weekend:

Snow on Mosquito Pass at about 11k'.

This weekend it was 5.5 hours to the Sangres. Drove up to the new closure on South Colony Rd. in pursuit of Kat Carson Pk.
Now that I'm back, I'm researching sound deadening and rattle fixes!

gwinn 07-03-2011 10:14 PM

stare down.... it won!