International Full Size Jeep Association

International Full Size Jeep Association (http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/index.php)
-   General FSJ Discussion (http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   what did u do to your jeep this weekend (http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=88982)

NCOfab 07-13-2008 09:55 PM

what did u do to your jeep this weekend

well guys what did u do to your rig this weekend

i started ripping the interior out on the cherokee getting it ready for box lining and i got a very nice suprise the passangers side didnt even have surface rust :cool:wounder what the other side says also getting ready to do the body lift here shortly. worked on my sportside box a bit too. gonna cut the floor outa the cab of the j10 tomorow oh and rhino grill#2 is coming

mcstord 07-14-2008 12:20 AM

Took all of the the old faded peeling woodgrain off. Didn't take as long as I thought. Just the right amount to heat gun and four plastic scrapers.

chrisnsarah 07-14-2008 09:11 AM

Pick-a-part on Sun morning and got misc parts for the Super, the J2000, and '79, then replaced rear brake shoes and rotated tires on J10 in the afternoon.

ChiefTawny 07-14-2008 09:32 AM

tried to start mine. no luck!

fubard76cj7 07-14-2008 11:36 AM

sold the wheels and tires off of the Cherokee.:mad:
trying to do everything i can to keep it and not have to scrap it.until the new job starts the 25th.

jeeping1974 07-14-2008 12:15 PM

nothing :(

pineymike 07-14-2008 02:05 PM

Used it!

:D Towed my boat to the ramp and tried out my {new to me} motor gettin' reddy for crabbin':thumbsup:

orangecherokee 07-14-2008 02:21 PM

threw the 14 bolt under it, bled the brakes, charged the battery (it was dead :( ) and drove it around a little.

shimniok 07-14-2008 02:55 PM

New tires !!! as well as wiring clean up, and R&R of front spring bushing, tighten down exhaust bolts on pass side and hoping for the best, and reinstall door panels...

hockeydawg 07-14-2008 02:58 PM

Just started removing the interior and exterior trim to start prepping it for body work.

BrianAg95 07-14-2008 08:48 PM

Used the 88 to run to the store...
Took the dead spare from the 91 and had a working tire remounted onto the rim.

j10er 07-14-2008 09:21 PM

Painted the tailgate and added BJ's lettering

HOOT 07-14-2008 10:49 PM

Unhooked the J20 from the car hauler and drove it across town to the grocery store. Spent a half hour trying to convince someone it is a JEEP. Scared a few people and got the attention of our local copper. My truck now chirps second gear... ooopssss "Did I do that" ;)

Actually I think the tranny is going out but it sounds wicked right now. The hood gets put back on the Honcho and rolled back out to the yard.

deadironrat 07-15-2008 11:03 PM

Picked up a ford 10.25 for my J10, also scored a 12,000lbs mile marker hydraulic winch.

olllllo 07-15-2008 11:07 PM

Replaced a broken rear drive shaft and got 'er moving after 2 weeks of sitting idle! Drove it in on my 64 mile round trip commute today. I guess I was feeling like being generous to the oil companies.:eek:

Headhoncho 07-16-2008 09:21 AM

Put my Demon 2bbl back on and passed NJ emissions (good for 2 years)FINALLY with the help of a new catalytic converter. Also re-engineered a ch*vy Astro class III receiver to fit under my Honcho to pull a trailer to the Pa. Jeeps show this weekend. Next is rear disc brakes on the 14 bolt. Found all the parts, need to find time.

JR

68_Gladiator 07-16-2008 10:13 AM

swapped out my broken D44 front axle for another one with warn hubs already installed and 33 inch mud terrains. also put the brakes back together. today is the new starter install. bucket seats form an 80's cherokee instaled. also picking up a 3rd gladiator to add to my collection as a parts vehicle. whatever i dont use i may part out before scrapping it.

Long&Low 07-16-2008 10:32 AM

I just accumulated parts. I picked up an A/C compressor that is 134 compatable, picked up a TJ gas tank, skid and fuel pump for the 4.0ltr conversion, and a repalcement front fascia all for the J10.

Luntec 07-16-2008 11:26 AM

I finally re-installed my fuel tank. Few of the holes lined up after I repaired the frame, so that made for an interesting afternoon with some colorful language. But that puppy's back in. Now I' just have to double check some wiring and torque some nuts, fix the gangsta lean on the driver's seat and try to start her up after two years of sitting.

bmoose 07-16-2008 11:53 AM

My weekend!

After dis-assembling 2 Quadra-tracs and cleaning both to find good parts. I made 1 good unit.
Got all of the shafts aligned, chain tight and bolts torqued to spec then stabbed the little muther.
Filled up with fluid, connected drive shafts ( propeller shafts in AMC book) linkages and cables then tried to move it out of its tracks. Not enough transmission fluid, so 4 qts later ITS ALIVE!!!
So I started doing figger 8's in the local mall parking lot to get the cones lubed up.
Security didn't like that so I made do at a couple of dead end streets.
Tried the lowrange, linkage not right. Minor adjustment and all is good.
Tried E-drive, no workee:mad: . Have vacuume but no light or engagement.
Looks like next weekend I'll pull the back half of the case off and try to fix e-drive.
But in the mean time it runs and pulls like a monster. new chain, cones with gears and fluid make a BIG difference.
Now I just need to go muddin':D