Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member in Maryland

Greetings,

I owned a 89 Grand Wagoneer from 1998, my only car at the time, until 2003. In 2001 I purchased a small commuter car and in 2003 my GW had broken down for the umpteenth time and I could not afford to keep fixing it and had to let it go.

Fast forward to last week and I bought an 88 Grand Wagoneer VIN: 1JCNJ15UXJT007640 and drove it back here from Chicago. I am now married, with no kids or plans for any, and can afford to fix up and keep up an older car. I purchased this one because of low price and it came from southern California, no rust and the wheel wells and frame have been coated. Also it has already been lifted, I always thought the GW sat too low on the wheels for my taste and I'm 6'5", I didn't want to buy a stock one and then lift it because i didn't want to "ruin" a stock vehicle.

Anyway she came with lots of issues and I am looking forward to solving them with the forums help.
    1988 Grand Wagoneer

Welcome, looking forward to seeing your new rig!
    1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
    Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

Welcome! What part of MD? I was raised in Wheaton, and lived in Poolesville and Ijamsville after my wife and I married.
      You ever wonder what medieval cook looked at the guts of a pig and thought, "I bet if you washed out that poop tube, you could stuff it with meat and eat it."

Comment

I'm in Pasadena MD, just south of Baltimore.
        1988 Grand Wagoneer

Comment

Welcome fellow Marylander. Maybe I'll see you around .............
          1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
          2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
          2011 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE Luxury
          2007 Ford Expedition EL Limited
          2010 Ford F150 SCrew Lariat

Comment

Pasadena

Check out Pasadena Jeepers on FB. Good club.
            I'm in DC and have wheeled with them.
            1978 Cherokee Chief - Golden Ginger Metallic 360/TH400/QT, 4" Skyjacker, 33" MTZs, Bulldog 9300
            1978 Cherokee Chief - Brilliant Blue
            1979 Cherokee Chief - Cumberland Green Metallic
            1974 Cherokee Chief - Parts
            1977 Cherokee Chief - Parts
            1977 Cherokee Chief - Sun Orange 401/TH400/QT
            1977 Cherokee Chief - Sand Tan 401/TH400/QT
            Washington, DC

Comment

Thanks!
              1988 Grand Wagoneer

Comment

Working...