Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana 60 front axle kingpin rebuild

Did I put this together wrong?

Used new bearings and races, new seals, new springs, new upper bushing, and new lower bearing caps, etc.
    Followed Billa Vista's directions in assembly and have also completed the assembly by pumping the upper and lower cavities full of grease. The torque values are to spec and the bearing races are squarely seated in the lower ear of the "C" of the axle.

Question:
    When I rotate the knuckle the "feeling" is looser directly around where you start from (no matter where you start from) and becomes "slightly" tighter feeling as it is rotated after 20 degrees or so from the starting point.

Is this normal? Or did I follow Billa's directions incorrectly?/

Any help is appreciated!
    Dennis
    Dennis
    Working on my fifth Jeep = 1973 J2000/NV4500 and NP205. Rear Dana 70 w Detroit Locker, front Dana 60 w True-Trac, crossover steering, custom aluminum M715 like brush guard and shackle reversal. 4BTA diesel with air to water intercooler, big injectors and turbo, and 4" straight through exhaust. 37" Toyo MTs

Probably just needs to wear in. Should loosen up with some usage.
    David "If all else fails, read the instructions."
    83 Wag Lt,BJ's 6"lift,360/727/Pinned229,D44/trac-lok,AMC20/lock-right,35/12.50 Baja MTZ,Pro-Jection EFI.
    10$ NP229 fix http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=2520

Comment

Working...
    X