Drivers Side Window Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers Side Window Problems

I have a 1983 wagoneer, and the drivers side window plastic track keeps breaking. This is the track that drives the window up and down. I have replaced this part multiple times with the parts store help section and factory part. Both last about month or two. It is breaking at the top where the track bolts to the window track. Motor runs fine and everything has been greased. Could the metal track that this runs on be bent. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,

Bryan Reininger
    1983 Wagoneer
    Spartanburg, SC
    BARsSS@aol.com

I had this same problem occur numerous times. It turned out to be the metal track that the plastic track rides on. I found that my metal track had been flattened. It has a slight factory made bend. I had to remove the passenger track for reference and bend the drivers track to match the bends of the passenger track. That was 4 years ago and I have not had plastic tracks break since.
    1979 Wagoneer

Comment

Went to the junkyard and got another motor track assembly. Used the motor from the one that was in the truck. Used the metal track and plastic chain from the one from the junkyard. Did fine for a couple days and then broke again. Mine breaks when the window gets to the very top or very bottom. Almost like the motor is pushing or pulling so hard that when the window stops at the bottom or top. The force breaks the plastic chain. Breaks off the head of the plastic chain. The motor I am using moves the window pretty fast. I was thinking about using the motor from the junk assembly. All my other windows move slower and I have had no problems. Want to fix this, I have become a pro at changing this, but by no means do I enjoy it.

Any ideas,
      Thanks,

Bryan Reininger
      1983 Wagoneer
      Spartanburg, SC
      BARsSS@aol.com

Comment

Working...
      X