Rear body mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear body mount

The sheetmetal channel at the back of the Wag has collapsed. It was like this when I bought it. I have boxed the frame crossmember and reinforced it. When i bolted the body back into place I set a 14" section of 3/16"X2" bar stock inplace to reinforce this and when tightened the bar stock bent So I spent several hours scrounging around the metal dealers in the area and they all have metal way to big...2"X3"X1/4" angle. Overkill !!!

Any ideas?? I may have to go to a metal fab shop and have something bent to fit. There has to be a better solution...Help!!
    Merc69/ Bruce AKA G.O.D. (Grumpy Old Dude)
    "PsyOp" 87 Grand Wagoneer, 360, Powered by Propane, NP-208 t-case, Dana 60 front 4.56 gears-Detroit Locker, Corp 14 bolt 4.56 gears-Detroit Locker. Alcan Springs up front, Chevy 63", Hydraulic Steering

Under Construction: 4 link rear suspension, Klune-v and Ford 205 transfer case

Raybucks has channels like these...

If you need part numbers, PM me and I can look them up for you.
    74 Cherokee

Comment

Merc69,
      These guys will have what you need ! Salvage yard with lots of Jeeps.
      www.easternautomotive.net
      Key<br />89 Grand Wagoneer<br />4\" SkyJacker Lift<br />Edelbrock Intake with 4 Barrel<br />33X12.5 on 10\" Wheels<br />Performance HEI Distributor and Wires<br />Roof Rack with Tire Carrier<br />ARB Bull Bar<br /><br />\"Yea though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death... I fear no evil ... for I fly the biggest, baddest, meanest, fastes

Comment

Thanks guys. I now have a couple of directions to try.
        Merc69/ Bruce AKA G.O.D. (Grumpy Old Dude)
        "PsyOp" 87 Grand Wagoneer, 360, Powered by Propane, NP-208 t-case, Dana 60 front 4.56 gears-Detroit Locker, Corp 14 bolt 4.56 gears-Detroit Locker. Alcan Springs up front, Chevy 63", Hydraulic Steering

Under Construction: 4 link rear suspension, Klune-v and Ford 205 transfer case

Comment

Working...
        X