Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Semi Metallic Brake Pads (Centric vs Wagner)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi Metallic Brake Pads (Centric vs Wagner)

I have had decent performance with semi-metallics but have never latched on to a certain brand. My current set has worn so evenly that the rotor looks like it was just turned. Never seen that before. But they were placed by the PO and I don't know the brand.

Wagner Thermo-Quiet seem to be a favorite (as found in a search of previous posts) but has anyone used the Centric Posi-Quiet from BJ's? I can buy them for less than Wagners (from BJ's) and they have decent ratings at Summit and Amazon.
    Cliff Danley
    1977 Cherokee S

I've used them on a couple of cars (not Jeeps) and they worked well. No difference that I could tell. They were quiet.

Comment

You'll be happy with either brand. Just get the one that costs less.
      For Sale Custom built reproduction Rhino Grilles http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...24#post1676924PM me for details or email rrielly@verizon.net

1982 Cherokee Chief 258 6 cyl, AX-15, NP208, mopar mpfi, hydroboost brakes.

1983 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 258 6cyl*SOLD*

Comment

The Centric brake parts I've bought have been of good quality. Pretty sure I've only used the generic (organic?) pads, maybe Wagner or Raybestos. Supposedly the semi-metallics will wear out your rotors. There are plenty of ceramic pads available, from name brands. Check RockAuto for maybe three dozen choices. Premium style too, with claims of enhanced performance. Kinda doubt you'd see much difference by type or brand, and changing the pads is easy and inexpensive.
        Tim Reese
        Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS, hubcaps.
        Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination ATs, 7600 GVWR
        Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
        GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
        ECO Green: '15 FCA Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk

Comment

Working...
        X