4" lift SUA springs used on a SOA setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4" lift SUA springs used on a SOA setup

I have a set of front 4" lift springs from a spring under 79 Cherokee chief. How much lift will they provide if I put them SOA on my 73' J2000? It is SOA stock.
    No matter where you go or what you do, you live your entire life within the confines of your own mind.
    1973 J-2000 bone stock DD
    1979 Cherokee Chief wheeler Parted out
    78' Waggy w/ 60,000 original miles on it
    AMC 360 bored .030 over Flat top pistons, Rv cam, Edelbrock performer intake, Holley 650 cfm Double pumper

Spring over nets you about 5-6 inches add a 4 inch lift you'll be around 8-9 inches but the spring sizes for the 72 are different as they are outboards with different size bushings
    73 J-4000 "/Battillac\" 500 Caddy,400/QT w/low, 44 f&r[3,07\'s],35x12.5 BFGoodrich AT's,Auto Meter gauges,TCI trans.cooler,poly fuel tank,Flex-o-lite 7 blade,poly trans mounts,electric cooling fan,straight pipes loud and proud, Front disc conversion, 6" lift, Rancho RS5000 Shocks,Chrome Cragars
    63 j-200 "green turd" 230 ohc 3 spd all stock

Comment

0" Lift, they won't bolt up.
      '79 is box and hanger mount vs. '73 post mount.
      Go compare the two, it will be quite obvious.
      2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
      EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
      Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

'73 was the last year of the 2" wide SOA stock LONG front springs.
        Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

sell em and put the $$ towards a set of post mount 4" lift springs from Hellcreek. You wont be dissapointed.
          1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
          1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
          The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
          Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

Unless you are looking for a crazy amount of lift on your '73 just go SOA. If you want less than an SOA gives you then you will either (A) spend a bundle on custom rear springs to achieve all spring lift or (B) you can get front lift springs and use blocks in the rear. I haven't ever searched for lift springs on a '73 so they might not be available. I honestly don't know. What I do know is that you are gonna get some nasty axle wrap with 4" blocks. I won't touch 'em with a ten foot pole and you holding it.

IF I was in your shoes I'd do one of two things, use the Rancho 44044's (2" lift) with a pair of TT Fabworks spring perches that give some lift and 1" lift shackles or skip all that and just go SOA.

Originally posted by will e
            Keep in mind. Getting old is easy. Being old is hard.
            Post #14 ~ http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...=1#post1580206

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger4X

Unless you are looking for a crazy amount of lift on your '73 just go SOA. If you want less than an SOA gives you then you will either (A) spend a bundle on custom rear springs to achieve all spring lift or (B) you can get front lift springs and use blocks in the rear. I haven't ever searched for lift springs on a '73 so they might not be available. I honestly don't know. What I do know is that you are gonna get some nasty axle wrap with 4" blocks. I won't touch 'em with a ten foot pole and you holding it.

IF I was in your shoes I'd do one of two things, use the Rancho 44044's (2" lift) with a pair of TT Fabworks spring perches that give some lift and 1" lift shackles or skip all that and just go SOA.

Ignore this post above please.
              Your (or any) '73 J200 is already spring over up front.
              You are on 2" wide springs mounted on posts off the side of the frame.
              44044's will not fit the front of a '73 JTruck, they will not fit the rear either.

If you would like to study up on spring lengths, widths and bushing sizes please refer to this post from Tom at Hellcreek.
              http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showp...15&postcount=2
              HellCreek does make a 4" all spring lift for the '63-'73 JTrucks, BJ's carries the same kit.
              2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
              EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
              Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

Thanks for the correction TAD. Didn't know the earlier style was already SOA. :emb:

It would sure save a bunch of work, etc. IF the newer stuff was this way too.

Originally posted by will e
                Keep in mind. Getting old is easy. Being old is hard.
                Post #14 ~ http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...=1#post1580206

Comment

Working...
                X