Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 700 R4 Throttle Valve Cable

Hello,

I have a 86 Grand Waggy with a 700R4 to stock 360. My throttle valve cable from transmission broke recently which only led to my tranny shifting at a few 100 higher RPM...so I didn't realize it was broken.

I had the engine rebuilt and whatever mounting system was in place for the cable to my stock motorcraft carb is no longer in place. I have found adpaters for Holly and Eldebrock carbs but nothing for this conversion. Anyone have this same setup that can tell me how I mount a new TV cable or know of an adapter....need to be able to mount the self-adjusting portion of the cable and then attach it to throttle body of carb.

Thanks.

Wish I could help more, but you may have to find a donor at a junkyard and adapt it to mount to your engine. I do know the TV cable adjustment is critical to keeping your transmission alive. Good luck! Post up with any solution you come up with, that's a good piece of info to have "out there" for the world at large.
    Don't be yourself. Be someone a little nicer. -Mignon McLaughlin, journalist and author (1913-1983)

Comment

There are aftermarket brakets available at the parts store that bolt to a carb stud for the TV cable, they are under $20. Should be in their performance or chrome section.
      David "If all else fails, read the instructions."
      83 Wag Lt,BJ's 6"lift,360/727/Pinned229,D44/trac-lok,AMC20/lock-right,35/12.50 Baja MTZ,Pro-Jection EFI.
      10$ NP229 fix http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=2520

Comment

Working...
      X