Junkyard Replacement Rads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junkyard Replacement Rads

Anybody know of a Junkyard Replacement Radiator for a Wagoneer? The waggies in the junkyard don't have their radiators, mine has 2 nasty holes and I honestly don't feel like spending $300+ for a new radiator. I can get a good used one from the Junkyard for $30... So, I was wondering if any other radiator will drop into a wagoneer with minimal to none fabrication/modification...

A first gen S10 blazer 4.3V6 radiator will work if flipped sideways...
    You know it's bad when your car's on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

'82 J10
    '88 GW
    '77 J10 Golden Eagle 401

Comment

possibly 70's CJ's with the AMC V8?

The mounting points might needs some modding but the upper and lower hose positions should be the same.

The 304 was an option for several years in the CJ's

Comment

Originally posted by JeepMods
        Anybody know of a Junkyard Replacement Radiator for a Wagoneer? The waggies in the junkyard don't have their radiators, mine has 2 nasty holes and I honestly don't feel like spending $300+ for a new radiator. I can get a good used one from the Junkyard for $30... So, I was wondering if any other radiator will drop into a wagoneer with minimal to none fabrication/modification...

Zind member "halftrac" here on this board , tell Jackie I sent you, she'll hook up up w/ a wag rad I bet for fair $ I think they are close to you

Good Luck
        Regards,
        Artisan
        1979 Jeep J-10 (Soon to be J-30)

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Comment

I have a CJ V-8 Radiator in the garage... I'll check that out tomorrow morning before I head off to the Junkyard. I want to say it's thinner than the waggy radiator, I'm not 100% sure but I'll find out in the morning.

Comment

Would you be willing to spend $200 on a new radiator?

See my sig file links for info on the radiator that I installed.
            Ethan Brady
            1987 Grand Wagoneer, slightly longer than stock.

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Don't mess with me. I once killed a living hinge.

Comment

I'm half tempted to get that radiator... BUT, only if I can't find a good used one in the yard for $30+... I have to pinch pennies for when I have to order a driveshaft that's 44" long from center to center...

Comment

Originally posted by JeepMods
                I'm half tempted to get that radiator... BUT, only if I can't find a good used one in the yard for $30+... I have to pinch pennies for when I have to order a driveshaft that's 44" long from center to center...
                It was a chunk of change for me, too. But it has (so far) alleviated my cooling issues that I've been having.
                Ethan Brady
                1987 Grand Wagoneer, slightly longer than stock.

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Don't mess with me. I once killed a living hinge.

Comment

I got a nice aluminum rad off EBay for my wife's 87 Wrangler for $175.xx.
                  CD aka "The Ole Fart"
                  1974 J-10 Pioneer (project)

Comment

I am surprised you can get on for $30 bucks. I think they paid me more than that for scrap because it is all brass.
                    Mark B. Jones

Originally posted by GrandWag&Prix
                    Actually, now that I think about it, that could be either awesome or really terrible.

'79 Cherokee Chief "Junaluska"

Comment

Originally posted by 710 Burner
                      I am surprised you can get on for $30 bucks. I think they paid me more than that for scrap because it is all brass.
                      $30 to $60 depending on who is working And then when they have the 1/2 off sales... life is good as the parts are plentiful and cheap!!! My kind of stuff. The only catch on the half off is... you have to be there when they open .
                      I'm heading out to measure the waggy radiator and then the junyard rads... I'll let yo know what I find.

Comment

x1 on what FSJ Guy said...I got the same radiator for just under $200 shipped, and it too has cured my 401 cooling woes.
                        90 Grand Wagoneer, 401/727/229, TFI upgrade, MC4350 4V, Edelbrock Performer cam, All-Aluminum Radiator, Razor Conversion, 4" Rusty's all-spring, 31x10.50 BFG TA/KO's...much planned, little time/money, thus she's a PipeDream!

Comment

Working...
                        X