Ever been on the fence.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever been on the fence.....

about selling your fsj? Im right there. Ive owned the truck for about 10 years. Drive it daily. Put a lot of love, sweat and tears in it. Took it from huntin truck to a decent truck. But its old. Needs to be retired, and scheduled for a frame off, using the lessons learned from when I refreshed it some, and do it better. At the same time I need something newer than a 1978, and money always plays a factor. So I could sell it and get a new to me truck and regret it(and of course be teased about it by family and friends) or keep it for another 4 years and be able to get something else then retire the truck and schedule the frame off it deserves.

Anyone else in a simular situation?

never. on stuff like this i am very decisive. once my mind is made up it's like a train on tracks. pig headed even.
    Originally posted by Hankrod
    Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
    ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!
    → Where the kids hang out...

fsjbuilder.org come for the mindless chat,stay for the hand drawn emoticons.

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

To tell you the truth except for the wreaked ones I still own every vehicle I ever bought except the 750 Honda which I believe is the only one I have ever sold. I generally wear them out and put them out to pasture.
      charlie
      KB0HXA
      "Crom" 76/75 Cherokee/J20 Hybred,

Originally posted by Gambler68
      congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
      How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
      Robert A. Heinlein
      The birth of CROM is recorded here
      http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778

Comment

Hey Ristow, when can I pick up that Grand Wagoneer? Is that still for sale or not? The problem with selling your rig for a "new to me" rig is you're buying someone elses problems. I know first hand, you'll regret it! Good luck!
        1979 Widetrack Cherokee, 1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1985 Grand Wagoneer, 1973 J4000, 1982 Mustang GT, 1999 Chevy C2500 xcab, 2001 Chevy Van, 2000 Ford Expedition, 1989 F250 plow and 1951 Desoto Deluxe

Comment

Originally posted by trellis8
          Hey Ristow, when can I pick up that Grand Wagoneer? Is that still for sale or not?
          lol...yah,i was being sarcastic. i'm as wishy-washy as they come on stuff like this.
          Originally posted by Hankrod
          Ristows right.................again,

... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!
          → Where the kids hang out...

fsjbuilder.org come for the mindless chat,stay for the hand drawn emoticons.

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

Originally posted by Ristow
            never. on stuff like this i am very decisive. once my mind is made up it's like a train on tracks. pig headed even.
            wait a week keep your rig you can thank me later.
            I'll keep my guns, money and freedom, you can have the change !!!!!
            baybilly = dave
            1980 cherokee 401, TFI,msd, 4", 35's, The money pit!!!!
            77 cherokee S ,parts
            78 j10 , one day i'll get to it.
            84 J10, parts
            51 Willys
            88 XJ, DD
            92 XJ, the other half claimed it, DD
            1966 GT-350 mustang/ project

Comment

I know, I caught the dripping sarcasm, just had to rub it in! Seriously, when can I pick it up?
              1979 Widetrack Cherokee, 1984 Grand Wagoneer, 1985 Grand Wagoneer, 1973 J4000, 1982 Mustang GT, 1999 Chevy C2500 xcab, 2001 Chevy Van, 2000 Ford Expedition, 1989 F250 plow and 1951 Desoto Deluxe

Comment

Keep your truck.. Keep an eye out and let some people know you want a reliable but cheap truck. When it falls into your lap snatch it up and use it while you tear the J truck down.
                Or set your sites on a good Jeep that may be sacrificed somewhat in the final build of your 78.

I was having these thoughts as my daily driver Bird was going down hard. None of the Jeeps where worthy enough to be a reliable back up. 3 weeks of scanning for a replacement bird that wouldn't make me give up one or 2 of my Jeeps success was had.
                Retired Ford worker had it stuffed in his garage and wanted it gone. It was his DD until he retired and got a new Exploder. He was asking $2500 for a 96 Bird that looked like brand new still. I didn't have the cash for it but informed him I wanted it within 2 months if he still had it. He agreed to let me come drool over it to motivate my money making skills. The day before viewing he emailed me to inform me the engine blew a head gasket. I emailed him back and told him I still wanted the car and would prefer to have the motor done by my mechanic if he would sell it like that. For $200 he informed me I could come get it and do what I want with it. I crawled under it to make sure it was as spotless as he said it was. This car looked like it had 10,000 miles on it not the 122,000 it was showing. My plans were to drop a brand new engine in it and treat it like the new car I can never buy now. AAA was dispatched to his home across the River and soon delivered it to my home on the River. He cried when the rollback left his drive..When I got it home I fired it up found nothing wrong with it and have been driving it 75 + miles a day since August now.
                That let me tear into the 77 Honcho like it needed to be done as well some mods to my J20 which should be done very soon. Then the motor for the 77 should be about done as well.
                And to think I almost parted with my 77 401 Honcho and my 78 401 MPFI Chero.
                Now with all the money I didn't spend I'm thinking of replacing the 81 with a 77-79 J20. Then they can all share the same parts.
                Tom Gibson
                1980 J20 Utility bed truck. Factory cab and chassis truck. Many new mods for it but it will look all stock.
                1985 J10 nothing special just a nice clean stock truck.
                1977 Honcho "Blue" 401/400/quad. Under going major upgrades.."This is Not Your Fathers Honcho", it may not even be a Honcho anymore when done.
                2017 Challenger. Very jealous of the Jeeps.

Comment

Working...
                X