Help transporting a Dana 60 front axle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help transporting a Dana 60 front axle

I may need some help getting a Dana 60 front axle from Craig Colorado (NW of Denver, CO) to Lubbock Texas.

I found a Dana 60 finally but it is 12hrs from me and I am trying not to ship this thing. I don't need a full delivery by any means but maybe if someone is heading in this direction from that area and was willing to help me out with getting it a little closer to TX that would be a great help in the cost of this thing.

I would be willing to drive to meat people 5-6hrs for sure so you don't have to drive really far out of your way.

If you have any interest in helping me out, or if you know of a good CHEAP way to transport this axle, just let me know. It would be a huge help for me and my poor project might be able to really get under way.

Thanks,
    Rankin
    1972 J2000: 304, T18, Dana 20, Dana 44s w/ 4.09s, Rear Detroit, 7.50-16s
    1977 J10: 401, TH400, Quadratrac, partime kit, Dana 60's , 4.10s, welded rear, RS44044s SOA, 63" Springs inboarded, 36" Goodyear RT IIs

Uh, that's REALLY WEST of Denver!!!!!

If you could get it to the front range (Denver area), I bet you'd have a better chance of finding transport.
    Ethan Brady
    1987 Grand Wagoneer, slightly longer than stock.

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Don't mess with me. I once killed a living hinge.

Comment

Seriously though...forward air would be cheaper tha gas. I shipped a 60 and 14 bolt from NY to VA for under $200. Just pick it up at the dock and save $$.

My 20 hour round trip would have easily cost me over $200 in gas, not to mention the time.

just FWIW

Comment

The seller said that the cheapest he can find is $500 to ship it and that was after he drove 150 miles to drop it off at the dock.

I don't really know anything about shipping so maybe the shipping that the seller was quoting was not "forward air"?

adamsclarke: What company did you use when you shipped you axles?

I am more than open to any suggestions so keep them coming. And sorry I'm not more educated in this subject so please hang with me.

And the seller would be able to get the axle to Dever if I wanted him to, so maybe that helps.

Thanks,
        Rankin
        1977 J10: 401, TH400, Quadratrac, partime kit, Dana 60's , 4.10s, welded rear, RS44044s SOA, 63" Springs inboarded, 36" Goodyear RT IIs

Comment

Not sure if you have already bought it, if you got a real good deal, or what Dana 60 you are looking for, but have you tried Hi-Way Auto Parts in Brownwood? A whole lot closer, and they run a ton of stuff through there.
          1979 Cherokee - Built 401, NV4500, Dana 300, 6" BJ's Lift w/ Bilstein 5125 Shocks, Goodyear Wrangler MT/R 35X12.5R15, Front Brake Upgrade w/ GM 2500 Calipers & EBC Pads, Rear Disc Brake Conversion, Z&M Jeeps Dash Insert w/ VDO Series 1 Gauges, Tad Rack, Ramsey Hidden Winch w/ REP8000, Hydroboost, CS140

1967 J3500 - Making plans

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I'll have to look them up and see what they have.

Thanks,
            Rankin

Comment

Here's another option:
              http://www.uship.com/

or have you tried at:
              http://www.tfsja.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl/
              *** I am collecting pics and info on any factory Jeep Dually trucks from the J-Series at the new Jeep Dually Registry.
              ***I can set you up with hydroboost for your brakes: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=106056

Comment

I used forward air...and woulsd gladly do again. they'll give you a quote online

Comment

The problem is that Craig CO is one of those places where the population is about 3 digits long. Not exactly a blazing metropolis.
                  Ethan Brady
                  1987 Grand Wagoneer, slightly longer than stock.

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Don't mess with me. I once killed a living hinge.

Comment

Yeah thats what I was kinda thinkin. The seller said we would drive it all the way to me if I paid for his gas so I was just trying to see how cheap I could get the axle. So far not much luck so I guess I'll see what he is going to charge to go about half way.

Thanks,
                    Rankin

Comment

I"ll pm you the number of a guy in Kennedale,TX (near Fort Worth) that has 1-ton Dana60's off of a 92 Dodge 1-ton single wheel truck.

The front needs a pinion bearing/seal and he was asking $1000 for the pair

If you just want the front,I'd chip in $200 for the rear to save you some.

Comment

PMed you back and of course thats my luck they are sold already. But thanks anyway for the heads up.

Thanks,
                        Rankin

Comment

Working...
                        X