Denver Area Emissions Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver Area Emissions Test

It looks like We will be moving to the Denver area next year (probably Aurora). Therefore I need to pass an emissions test. I know my b2200 will not pass without major work. My Jeep should pass with some work. What do they check? I have a Holley 4 barrel carb. Will that fail the equipment portion? According to the Air Care Colorado website they only look at the gas cap, cat, air injection, and check engine light. Any a Denver area members have any insight?

http://aircarecolorado.com/about-the-test/

Thanks
    Tom
    1989 Grand Wagoneer:
    One problem a time.

I aim to misbehave.

How old is the jeep? And how well and how clean does it run?
    If you're 82 and newer you will need to go to a state emission test facility and unless she's clean she won't pass.
    That carb will not cause major problems towards passing the test as long as your jeep emissions are in the range accepted.
    For sure they will check all of the emission equipment and if something is missing it will fail the visual inspection,.
    Just to play on the safe side buy a brand new gas cap so that you know that at least won't have problem and probably what you want to do is to take it to a garage and have it test for emission.
    A few jeeps

Comment

It's an 89. The gas cap is only one year old. I'm going to replace the cat and air tubes. It runs good otherwise, but leaks a little oil through the valve guides. I may rebuild the heads this winter.
      Tom
      1989 Grand Wagoneer:
      One problem a time.

I aim to misbehave.

Comment

Working...
      X