Muffler shops near denver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muffler shops near denver?

My dad picked up a really nice 78 Wagoneer but the exhaust is hacked and half hooked up. No pipe leading to the left manifold at all.

I know we got a strong showing in the Denver area, who do you all recommend price wise for a decent exhaust shop in Denver? Anyone dealt with "Mountainman Mufflers" or something like that in Golden?

Let me know what you guys like out there!
    2012 Winner of the Prestigious Ouray Cast Iron Butt Award
    79 J-10 - The Money Badger!
    304/T18/D20/D44s
    What's been did:
    Holley 4160/Ede' S.P.2.P.
    MSD Streetfire based TFI
    Custom-hack gauge cluster
    Razor swap
    Fancy exhaust (Thrush Muffler)
    2 knob tape deck!
    3" homebuilt lift
    Half a hillbilly paint job

Originally posted by REDONE
    My dad picked up a really nice 78 Wagoneer but the exhaust is hacked and half hooked up. No pipe leading to the left manifold at all.

I know we got a strong showing in the Denver area, who do you all recommend price wise for a decent exhaust shop in Denver? Anyone dealt with "Mountainman Mufflers" or something like that in Golden?

Let me know what you guys like out there!
    I had some work done at Lakewood Muffler a few years back when I lived there and they did a good job for a fair price. Hanksville Hotrods in Littleton does fabulous work at a decent price but it would be a little more than your typical muffler shop but worth every penny. http://www.hanksvillehotrods.com/Pro...1/Default.aspx
    86 AMC Eagle 258/4.0 head
    87 AMC Eagle 5.3L, 4L60E, Explorer 8.8, Dana 44 on 35's

Comment

lakewood

Definitely Lakewood brake and muffler. They do nice work and the best prices around. They did a manifold to exhaust tip for me on my Commando with a 401. I provided the muffler and they only charged me $300 for everything. Mountain Man is expensive. I work in golden.
      1976 Cherokee Chief
      360 Motocraft 4350
      4 in. Rusty's lift
      33 in tires, Quadratrac

Comment

Actually, Hank at Hanksville Hot Rods is really not that much more expensive than a crush-bend shop when you're talking about the system from the cat back.

The price starts heading north when you look at custom y pipes and headers. But his work is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! If your dad is planning on KEEPING that Jeep for a long time, give Hank a call.

That said, he may not be able to get you in for a week or so, depending on workload. But it doesn't hurt to ask.

You can order a "new" y pipe from Walker muffler, IIRC.

BTW, your dad's not trying to sneak another 401 out of the state, is he???
        Ethan Brady
        1987 Grand Wagoneer, slightly longer than stock.

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Don't mess with me. I once killed a living hinge.

Comment

Originally posted by FSJ Guy

BTW, your dad's not trying to sneak another 401 out of the state, is he???
          HAHA! No, he's trying to get me to bring mine back!

Thanks guys, I'll let him know!
          2012 Winner of the Prestigious Ouray Cast Iron Butt Award
          79 J-10 - The Money Badger!
          304/T18/D20/D44s
          What's been did:
          Holley 4160/Ede' S.P.2.P.
          MSD Streetfire based TFI
          Custom-hack gauge cluster
          Razor swap
          Fancy exhaust (Thrush Muffler)
          2 knob tape deck!
          3" homebuilt lift