No announcement yet.

It followed me home,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working on the exhaust. Waiting on the hangers and more mandrel bends to arrive.

1989 GW/91.5 Dodge W250 CTD flatbed/ 06 Ford Crown Vic Police Intercepter/05 Jeep Liberty Diesel.

Comment

• exhausting work:

1989 GW/91.5 Dodge W250 CTD flatbed/ 06 Ford Crown Vic Police Intercepter/05 Jeep Liberty Diesel.

Comment

• Originally posted by scout4bta
        exhausting work:...
        BWAHAHAHAHA!!! Well played!!!
        79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy) https://forums.ifsja.org/core/images/smilies/frown.png
        (Cherokee Build Thread)
        11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
        09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring https://forums.ifsja.org/core/images...tom/drivin.gif
        00 Baby Cherokee https://forums.ifsja.org/core/images...es/redface.png

Comment

• Originally posted by rang-a-stang
          BWAHAHAHAHA!!! Well played!!!

Comment

• A week and half not much progress to report. Last weekend went to a Army Reunion in Tucson. Meet some old buddies I worked with, had a good time. Came home Sunday 23rd felt fine. Monday woke up to my 3rd case of Covid-19. Since I'm in the the high risk category, started the Dr Z's treatment protocol. Felt good enough by Friday to spend a afternoon in the shop. Today Feeling very good.

Been working on getting the exhaust up over the frame trying to make sure the pipe doesn't hit the body. It's been hit and miss getting the alignment just right. Ended up putting in some alignment pins on the slip joints so the pipes go in the same way every time. Slow progress. Once the pipe is outside of the frame it needs to stay about .5" from the frame so when I put the 31x10.50r15 I have clearance between the tire and exhaust pipe. Probably will do some pipe wrap to control the heat.
            The 1" body lift turned out to be mandatory for the exhaust.

Comment

• The piping between the air box to turbo fits.

Comment

• The throttle needed some work.
                The original throttle cable had a swaged ferrule that slipped into the back of the white plastic piece. The large allen socket head holds the cable, while the button head provides a floor for the cable. Both ends of the screws are polished flat so to not kink the cable.
                I'm still thinking about adding another set of screws for a fail safe.

Comment

• Simplified the design and added the second set of screws for a little more fail safe.

Comment

• Back on the exhaust. Now I have to figure out how to hang it. Because there's no room on top to "hang" the pipe, it has to be supported from underneath.

Comment

• The exhaust is pretty much done other than a little paint and some lock nuts.

Comment

• Didn't like the way the exhaust tip looked. I wanted a turn out but too cheep to buy one, so spent some time on the band saw with some left over elbows.

Comment

• Not much is going to happen until beginning of next year.
                          Had my much anticipated white tail deer hunt go off with out a hitch, or deer. Left for deer camp Nov 23 and came home early on Dec 2 because of a nasty wet storm that came in.
                          Just got home from Tucson. Spent 3 nights there and then will have 2 day trips to Safford to finish off the week.

Still putting off doing the wiring that needs to be done.

Funds permitting I'll order the 2.5" spring lift kit in January.

Comment

• Changed my mind about using the ratcheting (floor) shifter vs factory shifter on the column. The only way to clean up the steering column (if I used the floor shifter) was to replace the steering column with one from a J truck. It would fit but I'd have to rewire every thing, no thanks. So I bought a set of used factory shift controls over the holidays. They came from back east so there's a lot of rust.

Comment

• Revised shift linkage is in.

Comment

• CAC tubeing tackwelded

Comment

Working...
                                X