Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steering Rag Joint Delete

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Steering Rag Joint Delete

    I was going through a salvage yard the other day and noticed that a XJ steering shaft is really close to the late model GW shaft but without the rag joint. (84-96 XJ)
    The top joint on the shafts are different so I slid both apart. I was able to use the stock wagoneer upper shaft and the XJ lower shaft.







  • #2
    oooo...i got a xj out in the junker line. will have to look into this one.
    Originally posted by Hankrod
    Ristows right.................again,


    Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
    ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.


    Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
    I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!
    → Where the kids hang out...

    fsjbuilder.org come for the mindless chat,stay for the hand drawn emoticons.

    It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

    Comment


    • #3
      NICE!
      1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
      1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
      The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
      Hunter S. Thompson .

      Comment


      • #4
        Good thinking. The XJ shaft should cost about as much as a new rag joint at reasonable salvage yards.
        Originally posted by Ristow
        i bet it was Simon....
        he's such big meanie that way...
        please don't tell him i said that....

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by addicted
          Good thinking. The XJ shaft should cost about as much as a new rag joint at reasonable salvage yards.
          huh...they're free in Walmart parking lots
          1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
          1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
          The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
          Hunter S. Thompson .

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Gambler68
            huh...they're free in Walmart parking lots
            I'd have to shop there first.
            Originally posted by Ristow
            i bet it was Simon....
            he's such big meanie that way...
            please don't tell him i said that....

            Comment


            • #7
              This is good info! I've been meaning to replace the joint on my '88 for a while now, this would be a much better option!
              Tony
              88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

              Comment


              • #8
                Very nice I know what I will be looking for on the next trip to the pick and pull...
                Pete

                '55 Willys Wagon, the original FSJ
                Sitting on a '77 Cherokee frame, Dodge D60's
                Isuzu 6BD1, NV4500, NP241

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by addicted
                  Good thinking. The XJ shaft should cost about as much as a new rag joint at reasonable salvage yards.
                  Yeah, it was a whole 9 bucks.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    And there ya go.
                    Originally posted by Ristow
                    i bet it was Simon....
                    he's such big meanie that way...
                    please don't tell him i said that....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Sweet! thanks for being clever!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Colonel

                        Salute sir i gotta do that.

                        80 Cherokee
                        360 ci 727 with
                        Comp cams 270 h
                        NP208
                        Edlebrock performer intake
                        Holley 4180
                        Msd total multi spark.
                        4" rusty's springs
                        Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

                        If you can't make it better why waste your time. No use repeating the orignal mistakes. I'm to old to push it that's why.

                        Comment


                        • #13


                          ok got mine! Hope that guy isn't too ticked off!
                          1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
                          1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
                          The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
                          Hunter S. Thompson .

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            LOL!
                            Originally posted by Hankrod
                            Ristows right.................again,


                            Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
                            ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.


                            Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
                            I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!
                            → Where the kids hang out...

                            fsjbuilder.org come for the mindless chat,stay for the hand drawn emoticons.

                            It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Very cool. i have to replace my steering box soon so I may as well do this at the same time. I'm sure that rag joint in there is original.
                              1979 Cherokee
                              1979 CJ-7

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X