Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whos Planning on Attending?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Whos Planning on Attending?

    Its never too early to start thinking about it

    So... whos planning on making the show this year?
    87 Grand Wagoneer -(UNDER CONSTRUCTION)- "TROLL SMASHER II"
    88 Grand Wagoneer- GONE
    "many miles away, there's a shadow on the door, of a cottage on the shore, of a dark Scottish lake......many miles away..."
    ________________________________________
    *** Current Jeep Status ***
    JEEP IS : . . .

  • #2
    Should this be two lists?

    Who's coming?

    Who's Jeep is coming?



    Well, looks like Saturday only for me and Jeepless (GW's been sitting for almost two years, can't see myself finding the time to get it back together again in a month).
    Last edited by Geeeep; 06-14-2011, 06:45 AM.
    Dave Pitts, located directly over the center of the earth!

    GW - 87 GW 360/4bbl/727/208 Vinyl floor, manual windows, no woodgrain
    Find someone to haul your Jeep here: YT Hauling Schedule

    Comment


    • #3
      Have the dates been announced yet? Im planning on showing up. If I cant, Im hoping the Jeeps can go.
      1990 Grand Wagoneer-6" BJs and 33" BFG's "Sindy"
      1986 Grand Wagoneer-Vortec 5.7L "Roczee"
      1982 J20 "Ginger"
      1975 CJ5-AMC 360
      1974 CJ6-Original and under RestoMod
      1955 CJ5-waiting patiently for some attention

      Comment


      • #4
        I will be there with something, not sure what..............
        FSJ-Earl
        2002 F350 Diesel - tow rig / family hauler
        2008 4 door JK Rubicon - Wife's Daily Driver
        1989 GW - the one that started it all
        1983 - J15 - J10 body + J20 running gear = J15 Trail rig

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by captjeep
          Have the dates been announced yet? Im planning on showing up. If I cant, Im hoping the Jeeps can go.
          Saturday July 16th & Sunday July 17th
          York Expo Center at the Fairgrounds, York PA


          http://www.pajeeps.org/ for more info.
          FSJ-Earl
          2002 F350 Diesel - tow rig / family hauler
          2008 4 door JK Rubicon - Wife's Daily Driver
          1989 GW - the one that started it all
          1983 - J15 - J10 body + J20 running gear = J15 Trail rig

          Comment


          • #6
            I might try to make this trip with my 15 y/o son. He lives, eats, and breathes Jeeps. The only problem I have is that if I tell him about the show he will want to bring the J10 we are building for him. That means I'll be bugged constantly until the job is done. Wait a minute that's is already happening!

            My wife and I both grew up in Shoemakersville, PA. This trip will be a good opportunity to visit family back home.
            1991 GW 401 /727TF/NP229 /4" Skyjacker /EBL TBI /CS-144
            1981 J10 401 /727TF/NP208 /6" Superlift /CS-144

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Woodchomper
              I might try to make this trip with my 15 y/o son. He lives, eats, and breathes Jeeps. The only problem I have is that if I tell him about the show he will want to bring the J10 we are building for him. That means I'll be bugged constantly until the job is done. Wait a minute that's is already happening!

              My wife and I both grew up in Shoemakersville, PA. This trip will be a good opportunity to visit family back home.
              wait, your sons first ride is gonna be a lifted 401 J10?

              Im probably gonna be at the show.
              Austin

              1991 Hunter Green Grand Wagoneer
              5.9 2bbl-727-NP229-TFI-30x9.5 Firestone M/T's-Brush Guard-tire mount
              SOON: 4350 and cast iron intake

              Others:
              -1994 Baby Grand
              -2000 XJ cherokee on Tons
              -1953 REO M35A2 6x6
              -1955 Willys Pickup



              Originally posted by rustywagoneers_com
              i am not an addict, i can stop anytime.
              i dont have a problem, you people have the problem.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally Posted by austinaubinoe
                wait, your sons first ride is gonna be a lifted 401 J10?
                Yeah, It gets better though. His first ride will be rebuilt from the ground up. It is an extreme father and son project. The 401 sports forged Bulltear pistons, a lunati cam, scorpion rockers, headers, and a set of heads from a 360 Hornet X I had when I was in high school in the late 70s.

                My mission is to teach my son as much as I can about cars. I didn't want my son to be the kid that didn't know what he was looking at when he opened the hood on a car.

                So far we have stripped the cab to the bones, welded in new floor pans, rebuilt the: engine, 727 transmission, 208 transfer case, and a set of J20 axles. This past weekend we welded up the firewall heater box holes in preparation for a vintage air heater/ac unit. If all goes well the dash will be heavily modified with all new gauges.

                My son has invested over 2K of his lawn mowing earnings into the project. Basically, when he is not turning wrenches he is shoveling snow or mowing grass to make money for his Jeep. I plan to give him back the money he invested in his project when he goes to college (He does not know this). But for now, I think it is important that he has a sense of ownership in his project.

                Most of my son's friends can't understand why he would work so hard on a truck when he could just play playstation all day and let his parents buy him a vehicle. My son actually thinks the J truck is cool and can't understand why everyone doesn't think exactly like him.

                Anyway, I've rambled on way too long. Hope to see you at the show.

                Rich B.
                1991 GW 401 /727TF/NP229 /4" Skyjacker /EBL TBI /CS-144
                1981 J10 401 /727TF/NP208 /6" Superlift /CS-144

                Comment


                • #9
                  York is my hometown, but now I live 1,200 miles away. Not sure I can afford to drive Emma the whole way there!
                  Mick Kauffman...........Back on Cudjoe Key, FL
                  87' Wag

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Woodchomper
                    Yeah, It gets better though. His first ride will be rebuilt from the ground up. It is an extreme father and son project. The 401 sports forged Bulltear pistons, a lunati cam, scorpion rockers, headers, and a set of heads from a 360 Hornet X I had when I was in high school in the late 70s.

                    My mission is to teach my son as much as I can about cars. I didn't want my son to be the kid that didn't know what he was looking at when he opened the hood on a car.

                    So far we have stripped the cab to the bones, welded in new floor pans, rebuilt the: engine, 727 transmission, 208 transfer case, and a set of J20 axles. This past weekend we welded up the firewall heater box holes in preparation for a vintage air heater/ac unit. If all goes well the dash will be heavily modified with all new gauges.

                    My son has invested over 2K of his lawn mowing earnings into the project. Basically, when he is not turning wrenches he is shoveling snow or mowing grass to make money for his Jeep. I plan to give him back the money he invested in his project when he goes to college (He does not know this). But for now, I think it is important that he has a sense of ownership in his project.

                    Most of my son's friends can't understand why he would work so hard on a truck when he could just play playstation all day and let his parents buy him a vehicle. My son actually thinks the J truck is cool and can't understand why everyone doesn't think exactly like him.

                    Anyway, I've rambled on way too long. Hope to see you at the show.

                    Rich B.
                    Yeah I hope to see you too! Ill probably drive the wagoneer. That truck sounds completly INSANE! And I though I was cool in HS (2 years ago ) Driving my XJ on 35's. Man your son is lucky. Thats totally cool the heads of your HS ride is on his.

                    PLEASE post some pics! or do you have a thread floating around?

                    I know what you mean about those kids that dont know where a spark plug, or even the oil dipstick is. The deal I had with my dad was basically he'd buy me all the parts I need, but Id install them and take care of his old trucks and vette. With labor rates these day, he's still come out far ahead
                    Austin

                    1991 Hunter Green Grand Wagoneer
                    5.9 2bbl-727-NP229-TFI-30x9.5 Firestone M/T's-Brush Guard-tire mount
                    SOON: 4350 and cast iron intake

                    Others:
                    -1994 Baby Grand
                    -2000 XJ cherokee on Tons
                    -1953 REO M35A2 6x6
                    -1955 Willys Pickup



                    Originally posted by rustywagoneers_com
                    i am not an addict, i can stop anytime.
                    i dont have a problem, you people have the problem.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      2011 PA Jeep Show

                      I hear there is an unbeliveable FSJ coming to show this year !!!!!!!!


                      I'm probably going to make the long road trip, not sure yet which Jeep I'll bring .... but it will be RED.
                      67 Gladiator 15K J3000 AMC 327, PTO, 35" BFG's
                      69 Jeepster 8701 convertible
                      80 Honcho Sportside
                      82 CJ-8 75K org SR decals
                      82 Cheroeke Laredo 24K
                      83 CJ-8 50K 401, ARB60's, F&R Winch, 38"
                      84 CJ-7 38K Garnet Int., Jeep 8274 winch
                      84 CJ-8 mud Scrambler
                      87 J 20 36K smooth alum camper & boat rack.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Pardon my ignorance but as I understand it I have to pay $40 to attend the event. I'm not interested in putting my vehicle in any competition, I just want to go there and look at other people's Jeeps. I might even get lucky and find some parts I need.
                        1974 J10 (401, Th400, Q-Trac, D44s, 28" tires)
                        Mrs Tickity - 1988 GW (360, 727, 229, D44s, 32" tires)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          From the PA Jeeps website:

                          Q - Do I have to register my Jeep in order to attend?
                          A - No, you can enter as a spectator but you will miss out on some perks of bringing your Jeep inside the event.
                          a) Goodie Bag
                          b) Commemorative Dash Plaque
                          c) FREE Winch Raffle Ticket and Chairman?s Choice Prize Ticket. (Only registered Jeep owners receive these)
                          d) The camaraderie that comes with having your Jeep parked within 500 other Jeep owners?Friendships built.

                          Q ? What is the spectator admission fee?
                          A - $5 per day?children 12 and under FREE
                          1986 Grand Wagoneer, HEI, 4" spring lift, 31" BFG tires, vintage warn winch, 100k mi (mint when I bought it in 2001, now - not so much!)
                          The Jeep Grand Wagoneer - Someone you know used to drive one of these. Ask me about Mid-Atlantic Full Size Jeep Club events.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            1st Timer

                            Hopefully I can get away from work for this to go both days but I plan on at least going Sat.
                            1990 Stock for now Grand Wagoneer

                            U-993

                            Hey there Yohoo, fix yourself!!

                            My jeep
                            http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...highlight=1990

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'll be there Sat. only. I haven't even gotten the truck out of winter storage yet. Go ahead call me a slacker.

                              Mike 7009 may be riding along with me. He's never been there before.
                              Dave

                              The few. The proud. The browless.

                              Somewhere between prissy and pristene

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X