International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General Chit-Chat

Old 11-17-2019, 10:33 PM
230 Tornado

A recent trend here in Alaska is equipment rental stores will not allow rented equipment to be hauled on any trailer not equipped with trailer tires, and going a little further, they will not allow equipment to be hauled on any trailer they deem unfit for hauling. Unfit being defined by them, not by any regulation or law. Some see this as a result of attornies suing anyone for frivolous purposes, others see it as rental companies wanting to increase revenues by making sure they get delivery fees

If you have no plans to haul rental equipment this will not be an issue. Food for thought. Good luck!
Old 11-19-2019, 01:43 PM
258 I6

I was told that trailer tires differ from truck tires in the respect that they "slide sideways" better.

Vehicles can steer, so their tires can roll along more easily.

Trailers, especially multi-axle ones, can't steer, so when going around a corner, the tires slide sideways.

Goodyear Endurance are great trailer tires (made in the USA). Many of the overseas tires that come stock on trailers, campers, etc. are junk.

I run the Endurance tires on our 5th wheel camper.

Rich

401, t-18/d20 twin stick, dana 30, amc20, D.U.I. HEI, Edelbrock Performer intake, Holley 600, ps/pb, 'glass tub, 1 pc tilt nose.

There's a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".