Live up in Fargo, ND currently, right on the edge of the salt belt, picked this guy up for a decent price and I'm pretty confident that I'll be able to tackle anything it throws at me. It started with some fresh fuel back in october, so first thing to tackle is the engine troubleshooting after getting the fuel system flushed and new fuel in to make sure it starts again. This one is going to get interesting as far as my own personal touches and the eventual goal of it being an overlanding/camping vehicle for a guy who's very resourceful but likes his amenities and luxuries.
next steps are as follows:
1. fuel system rebuild
2. ignition system rebuild
3. floorboards, quarter panels, and rockers rust repair.
4. sound and thermal insulation all around
5. carpet on the front and rear seating areas
6. double check all daily systems are ready to go for daily driving
(this is where my imagination and pride are going to come in)
7. hardwood flooring for the cargo area floor, tailgate, and headliner
8. Lift and 32(ish) inch tires all the way around
9. full frame integrated regulation roll cage (maybe slightly beefier?) with integrated roof rack
10. custom stereo system setup with head unit on the ceiling instead of in the dash
---list will be continued as more ideas arrive---