• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 78jrust
    230 Tornado
    • Mar 08, 2022

'78 J10 Ambitions

My wife and I relocated back to my hometown in Florida two years ago and spent the next two years being envious of our neighbor's 1978 J10 long wheelbase long bed truck.

At the beginning of the month, we bumped into our neighbor who mentioned his friend had an early 80s CJ for sale and asked if we were interested. "Never hurts to take a look" we replied. One thing lead to another and our neighbor opted to purchase the CJ and we opted for his J10.

And so the journey begins...

First order of business, rust prevention. The J10 was first restored well over 12 years ago in TN, we are unsure how long it has been in Florida, but she's unraveling fast due to being beachside.

We look forward to becoming a part of the forum as my wife and I embark on this restore.

P.S. - And now I learn to be patient when clicking post, less I spam duplicate posts.
    Last edited by 78jrust; 03-18-2022, 08:18 PM.
  • rang-a-stang
    Administrator
    • Oct 31, 2016

Welcome! You picked a great first truck and it will be a blast!

Here some pointers on how to post pictures:

I've noticed some threads come up about people having problems posting photo's to the site here. I have always found it pretty easy, but I figure I can show others (with pictures;) )how I do it, and maybe we can get some more pics of some kick ass Jeeps here! Generally, this process should work the same way from other 3rd party

There are lots of FSJ folks in FL so you should be able to really dig in. Be ware of the apostrophe bug on this forum. That basically means if you are posting from an apple product or a phone, sometimes the forum will cut everything off after the first apostrophe. it is the worlds most this side of a bolt that seized in a block and broke when you were trying to remove it.
    Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
    (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
    (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
    79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
    (Cherokee Build Thread)
    11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
    09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
    00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• 78jrust
      230 Tornado
      • Mar 08, 2022

Thanks

Thanks rang-a-stang.

Comment

Working...