I have an 81 wag ltd.I put in a stereo and now I am blowing the park light fuse.I,ve been putting in stereos for years and never had a problem.I,ve read on this forum that people are having wiring problems.Is it the switchs,or just bad wiring.What are you guys doing to fix it.
You sure you got the right wires hooked up? What about your ground, make sure it's a good ground.
Else, it sounds like to me that one of those wires, like the illumination wire comming from the wiring harness, is grounding out. I would pull the radio, and make sure that you have all wires you arn't using secured with electrical tape.
River Beast wrote:
If you used the illumination wire to hook to your park lights to give you the dimmer control on the deck... disconnect it and see what happens.
[ May 20, 2002: Message edited by: irbob ]</p>