International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Tech

Old 04-10-2002, 03:32 AM

hey guy just got back from hittin a few mud pits last night , any way i got a little moisture in the dist cap and after drying it out i got in to start and my buddy spun one of the idle mixture screws now when i first set it up i just kind of wong it but i would like to know the proper way of doing this and why is there two mixture screws is on for idle and another for wot? i now have a vacum gadget to use please help as fuel just went up again.thanks
yaya looks nice,but does she GO!?<br /><br />1981 cherokee lerado 360/727/208/d44/amc20 Wt<br />posi fnt & bck<br />.030\" overbore <br />crank shaved .010\" and line bored<br />balanced blueprinted<br />crane cam ,lifters<br />edelbrock preformer intake<br />edelbrock 650cfm four barrel carb<br />Tfi upgrade<br />3\" dynomax ultra flo exaust<br />custom lift springs <br />31\" bfg at\'s<br />CBR929 firblade<br />68 roadrunner 383 12.2 1/4 mile<br />original #\'s car
Old 04-10-2002, 03:40 AM
Perfesser of Jeepology

Hook up the vacuum gauge to manifold vacuum, and adjust one side for the maximum vacuum you can get. Then slowly close, or turn CW, until the engine starts to stumble. Turn CCW 1/4 turn. Do the other side the same way, and you'll have your idle screws set.

Some say adjust for max vacuum, but if you're looking to save gas, this will give the best idle/lean mixture combination.
1987 Grand Wagoneer
AMC 360/TF727/NP229
1999 Wrangler Sport
4.0L/AX-15/NV231

Quote:
“Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction” by Ronald Reagan.

Formerly of DFW/Gun Barrel City, TX - eventually to return...
Old 04-10-2002, 03:54 AM

thanks lindel . so what are the pros and cons of max vacume settings. if the vacume is now differing from when i last set my timing should i reset it because of vacume advance vacume changing?or will the vacume advance vacume stay at a constant regardless of manifold vacume changes? thanks again
yaya looks nice,but does she GO!?<br /><br />1981 cherokee lerado 360/727/208/d44/amc20 Wt<br />posi fnt & bck<br />.030\" overbore <br />crank shaved .010\" and line bored<br />balanced blueprinted<br />crane cam ,lifters<br />edelbrock preformer intake<br />edelbrock 650cfm four barrel carb<br />Tfi upgrade<br />3\" dynomax ultra flo exaust<br />custom lift springs <br />31\" bfg at\'s<br />CBR929 firblade<br />68 roadrunner 383 12.2 1/4 mile<br />original #\'s car