International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Tech

Old 12-10-2003, 09:20 AM
Bleedin' Gasoline

Some yo-yo broke out my rear glass with heater grid and I need to replace it.

It was last night sometime between Midnight and 7:00 AM this morning, didn't even notice all the cool things that could have been stolen from the back.

In any case I am in San Antonio Texas and need another heater grid replacement glass ASAP, have funds will travel to pick it up if necessary.

Anybody out there got one?

Saddest thing is I lost my cool firefighter sticker given to me by an Austin Firefighter...and the Texas Sheriffs Association Sticker...

Let me know, ya'll. I will do some electrical maintenance for you to boot on your jeep just for grins.
Joe Guilbeau<br />1983 Cherokee Laredo WT (SJ-17), 360/229/727/D44/D60 4.10 Gearing, 8-lug hubs, Edelbrock Performer w/EGR Intake, Mallory Unilite Series 47 Photo-Optic Infrared Trigger Vacuum Distributor, Mallory Surge Protector, Mallory Promaster Coil, Holley Pro-Jection TBI 502-Analog, FlowKooler High Output Water Pump, Staggered 4-Core Custom Industrial Radiator, HD Fan Clutch, Dual Electric Fans, CS130 Delco 105-Amp Alternator, Oil Bypass Mods at Rear of Block and Distributor Oiling, Superlift 4\" Suspension, Rancho RS5000\'s, Hi-Tech 31\" Re-Treads, Aero 33 Gal Tank w/Skid Plate, Custom Rear \"Longhorn\" Bumper
Old 12-10-2003, 09:27 AM
Bleedin' Gasoline

By the way, there are a couple of boneyard jeeps down south of me at boneyards, is there any specific year models that will or wont fit?

I am guessing that most if not all Wagoneers and Cherokees FSJ's have pretty much the same glass, but am not at all sure.

So my questions to the collective are:

1. Which year Wagoneers rear tailgate glass are a swap for my 1983 Cherokee Laredo?

2. Which year Cherokees rear tailgate glass are a swap for my 1983 Cherokee Laredo?

3. Anyone out there got a nice one with the Heater Elements still intact?

Thanks for any replys, and I have checked the For Sale Ads...
Joe Guilbeau<br />1983 Cherokee Laredo WT (SJ-17), 360/229/727/D44/D60 4.10 Gearing, 8-lug hubs, Edelbrock Performer w/EGR Intake, Mallory Unilite Series 47 Photo-Optic Infrared Trigger Vacuum Distributor, Mallory Surge Protector, Mallory Promaster Coil, Holley Pro-Jection TBI 502-Analog, FlowKooler High Output Water Pump, Staggered 4-Core Custom Industrial Radiator, HD Fan Clutch, Dual Electric Fans, CS130 Delco 105-Amp Alternator, Oil Bypass Mods at Rear of Block and Distributor Oiling, Superlift 4\" Suspension, Rancho RS5000\'s, Hi-Tech 31\" Re-Treads, Aero 33 Gal Tank w/Skid Plate, Custom Rear \"Longhorn\" Bumper
Old 12-10-2003, 01:17 PM
Bleedin' Gasoline

I have the back glass from mine. It is scuffed up from something in the middle. And you would have to resolder for the heater grids to work.
Come get it.
Old 12-10-2003, 02:54 PM
Bleedin' Gasoline

I've got one you can have too if you want to drive out here or I can try shipping if you really want to, though I don't trust the post office or UPS with glass.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:43 PM
Bleedin' Gasoline

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer:
I have the back glass from mine. It is scuffed up from something in the middle. And you would have to resolder for the heater grids to work.
Come get it.
Sounds pretty reasonable to me, I will shoot you an e-mail to confirm.
Old 12-10-2003, 11:45 PM
Bleedin' Gasoline

Quote:
Originally posted by rselina:
I've got one you can have too if you want to drive out here or I can try shipping if you really want to, though I don't trust the post office or UPS with glass.
Leander is a lot closer, so let me check it out before I committ, OK?
Old 12-11-2003, 01:03 AM
Bleedin' Gasoline

Sure, send me an email and we can get this to you.
Old 12-11-2003, 01:04 AM
Bleedin' Gasoline

Oh, forgot to mention the bottom rail (that it uses to lift the glass with) is pretty junky on mine. But you can just swap on the one you currently have.
Old 12-11-2003, 04:04 AM
Bleedin' Gasoline

Thanks Ed,

Will be up this weekend.

And thanks for your kind offer also Rob, I am continually delighted with the karma of folks that drive FSJ's!