International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Discussion

Old 05-03-2019, 07:58 AM
350 Buick

MTS-0020 1964 Wagoneer polly tank

1964 WWagoneer with Polly tank
Ok folks ...

Gona put in a new ( To Me ) Polly tank ...

MTS-0020

What does the bracket that are on the body that keep the sending unit from grounding out look like ??? !! ???

Ill probably just weld on some 1"x1" square stock thats sitting around where i work .. but i thought i would ask .. if anyone had pictures ...

Speaking of which .. i guess i should take some pics of my decaying old girl ..

Please, if you believe in the power of prayer, God and Jesus Christ... I beg you add my relationship with Heather Boyd to be reconciled to a new, stronger than ever, wonderful marriage ... to your prayer list and remember us daily.

Addendum:
And now that im getting Divorced .. i want to work on it , but no one else does -- ^ -- Heather, please leave your affair with Josh Smith and come back to the father of your children
Old 05-03-2019, 08:03 AM
350 Buick

Video

I uploaded a video -- short - to youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYEX7MuZD6w

Please, if you believe in the power of prayer, God and Jesus Christ... I beg you add my relationship with Heather Boyd to be reconciled to a new, stronger than ever, wonderful marriage ... to your prayer list and remember us daily.

Addendum:
And now that im getting Divorced .. i want to work on it , but no one else does -- ^ -- Heather, please leave your affair with Josh Smith and come back to the father of your children
Old 05-03-2019, 08:46 AM
304 AMC

Bracket that keeps the sender from grounding? Why would you want to keep it from grounding?

My sender in the stock plastic tank has a spade on it for the ground. I though even metal tanks had a ground on the sender itself.

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.
Old 05-04-2019, 07:23 AM
350 Buick

Where is your groung

So let me understand this .... you grounded the wire from the gas gauge on your dash that goes to the sending unit to ground and also the locking ring that's of the sending unit that has a spade on it?

Addendum:
Old 05-04-2019, 10:12 AM
304 AMC

I dunno what the dash wiring is since it's all removed at this time but I assume the gauge has a +12 V wire to it and a another from it to the sender which seems to be pink at the tank. Then there's the spade welded to the sender itself, not the locking ring, that gets a black wire which would be ground.

Not sure where my schematic is right now to verify this but that's my recollection on how it works.

Edit: Just remembered it gets power from that funky voltage regulator that I think is actually in the temp gauge. Looked at the diagram on oljeep.com. Not very detailed but a wire goes from the gauge cluster to the sender which is grounded. No colors on the diagram, no details of where the power comes from in the cluster.

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Last edited by SJTD : 05-04-2019 at 10:55 AM.
Old 05-11-2019, 06:43 AM
350 Buick

Where is your grounding

But 1964 Wagoneer didn't use straps to hold gas tank up. It use tabs that are welded to the body in four places, I can't use those to mount a poly tank. So I need to know how thick and how wide the brackets that were used to keep the poly tank or original metal tank of the 70s or later look like so that the top of the poly tank does not come in contact with the body, from smashing the fuel line and the fuel level sender.

Addendum: