International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General Chit-Chat

Old 08-18-2017, 11:11 AM

this was great, it made my day better.
I need to get my waggy back on the road.
Old 08-31-2017, 05:52 PM
Administrator

-If you have a sweet Honda XR650L (with plates) sitting in your garage BEGGING to be ridden but whenever you have time to ride, you spend it tinkering on your rig (that still can't be driven, despite countless hours and buckets of $$)...
-If you have been offered a body panel that is a completely different color than your rig, but after installing it, it does not seem to be mismatched because there are so many dents and rust holes in the other body panels that the different color just sort of blends in...
-If you have removed an egg crate and replaced it with a razor...
-If you use the parts that look nice purely as bargaining chips to trade for parts that are functional because you "don't need pretty" you need functional...
-If the biggest increase in MPG you have ever gotten was really just adding mileage to your odometer when you realized it was about 15% slow because of the bigger tires...
-If you have a better idea of who killed Jimmy Hoffa and where he is buried then the actual miles your rig has traveled...
-If you want to paint something on the outside of your truck and you have a harder time trying to pick if the flat or matte sheen will better match the other paint than the actual color of the paint...
09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring

Last edited by rang-a-stang : 08-31-2017 at 06:08 PM.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:17 PM
232 I6

everything works

if, relatively speaking, your rig is running pretty well. every switch, knob, gauge, light bulb and the drive train is doing what it is supposed to and this worries you to abstract paranoia!

.......then the voltage regulator fails and produces excessive charge rate {very rare but possible}, that cooks the battery and the alternator and everything is back to normal {sic!} again.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:14 AM
FSJ Maniac

If the junkyard calls you for Jeep parts.
88Wag
87J20 Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association
83Cherokee WT
82J20
Parts vehicles: 1.5 Wags, 3.5 J20's, 1 J10 1 J300
Old 10-12-2017, 06:52 PM
350 Buick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rang-a-stang
-If the thought "Wow! That's a good lookin' pig nose" has crossed your mind...
If the phrase "Nice boobies!" means something else to you................

"When this baby reaches 88 miles per hour, you're gonna to see some serious sht!"

73 Wagoneer - 4.6L Stroker (yeah baby!!) t176/d300, 3.73's, 33" muds, 4"spring lift, 2" body. Offy dualport w/ Quadrajet, pertronix, flowmaster.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:54 PM
350 Buick

If you've ever thought of having a sticker made that says: "It's a Full Size Jeep thing....... even I don't understand!"

"When this baby reaches 88 miles per hour, you're gonna to see some serious sht!"

73 Wagoneer - 4.6L Stroker (yeah baby!!) t176/d300, 3.73's, 33" muds, 4"spring lift, 2" body. Offy dualport w/ Quadrajet, pertronix, flowmaster.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:23 PM
350 Buick

- If you gas up every week out of habit 'cause the odometer and gas gauge are "just suggestions"....
- If you know that cheesgraters and egg-crates are not just kitchen items, and that rhinos and razors are way better looking.....
- If the word "browless" makes you sad.....
- If you've ever paid more for your parts rig than you did for your Jeep....
- ...but said it was OK 'casue I can part out what I don't use.....
- ...and still have said parts rig 'cause "I might want to build another one of these someday...."
- If you get excited when you catch a glimpse of an FSJ on some random TV show or ad.......
- ....and actually rewind the DVR to get more clues or to argue with your buddy about what year it is.........
- If you've ever heard of DerekTJeep..........

Old 10-13-2017, 06:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by backroadin'
If you've ever thought of having a sticker made that says: "It's a Full Size Jeep thing....... even I don't understand!"
BWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!
Old 10-16-2017, 08:40 PM
232 I6

... if you have buddies that refuse to ride with you because they are expecting your rig to brake down at any minute, but always ask for a tow out of a jam on the trail... (true story)

... if you ever go Xmas tree hunting and then get called Griswald by every Tom, Dick and Harry when you have a tree on top... (Never seen Xmas Vacation, so...)

... if you get that special feeling when you find a wrecking yard with 5... 5!!!!... intact FSJs...

... if you don't Jeep Wave any Compass, Liberty, Renegade or Commander due to the fact that you can't tell what it is until you are next to it... ("Was that a Nissan, Ford or Mazda? A JEEP?!?!?!?!")

(I have stopped waving at JKs. I have not gotten 1 single wave from any 4 door JK and they are quite popular in my area)
Old 10-22-2017, 05:20 PM
350 Buick

It's Ok - the "jeep wave" thing is overrated anyway, and only popularized by mall-crawlin'-wanna-be's who wish they owned and knew how to work on a real Jeep. Kinda like guys driving a Can-Am Spider tryin' to "wave" to a 70-yr. old Harley guy!!
Credit Card Cowboys can kiss my a**!!

Old 10-22-2017, 05:24 PM
350 Buick

Besides.... anyone who doesn't know that what you're driving is an actual Jeep doesn't deserve a wave anyhow!!!!

I love your #1.... my wife would agree with your buddies 100%!!

Old 10-25-2017, 04:50 PM
232 I6

My thoughts while reading all these:

1. Why do we like these things?

2. When did I start saying we on the forums?

3. Oh no, they got me---

4. Actually, I am kinda proud of my pile. More than I should be.

5. FSJs are awesome.

Jeep looking for new home:
http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=187181

My Honda was my motivation to finish my Jeep Now it's just reality.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:09 PM
350 Buick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTruck-Connor
My thoughts while reading all these:

1. Why do we like these things?

2. When did I start saying we on the forums?

3. Oh no, they got me---

4. Actually, I am kinda proud of my pile. More than I should be.

5. FSJs are awesome.
That's the spirit! Let the healing begin.... or is it the sickness.... can't tell for sure...... on the inside looking out.....

Old 11-05-2017, 09:49 PM
350 Buick

When your wife whips around a 2500 Burb in the middle of town to fallow a J truck.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:18 PM
Murphy's Law Poster Child

If you're 258 valve cover STILL leaks no matter how many times you've upgraded it or changed the gasket.

You walk into the auto part store with a list of part numbers as your demands.

Your head snaps around every time you see an early 2000's Tacoma front end because subconsciously for a split second you think it's a J truck.

You have watched movies JUST because they have FSJ content.

You have a rough count in your mind of how many rigs your rig is made up from.

'82 J10
'65 J2000

Old 04-02-2018, 08:13 PM
Administrator

-If you follow more build threads than tech threads on this site becuase you enjoy living vicariously through people like bkilby's 5.7Hemi Chero,
Kaiserjeeps' Sadie, 63J200atLSU's Gladiator, Full Size Jeeper's Wago, Frank Ziebert's truck, ZackN920's Wago build, etc....
-If you have ever spent HOURS doing research for a project on your rig then someone with actual experience at what you're planning on doing, posts something that completely destroys any hopes of how "easy" it was going to be...(then you do it anyway)
-If you ever gave up on a budget less than halfway through your project because you so vastly underestimated the cost/time/tools/space needed for your project that each time you open the budget it hurts a little more (but its still worth every damn penny, drop of blood, sweat, and tears)...
-If your project is not even close (by any definition of the word close) to being done, but you are still having trouble not buying another one...
Old 04-24-2018, 07:39 AM
232 I6

Wow, these are so dead on its unbelievable. I got one

Had a good samaritan at walmart offer to help my wife get a car loan because her waggy is very rusty. My wife turns to her and says" didnt you hear it when i parked? It has a 401 i bought this on purpose"
Old 05-03-2018, 10:45 AM

Your Cherokee puts the CJ's to shame on the trail, and you do it in style without the flapping soft top, and are warm and comfy...

I have referred to mine as a 6000 lb dune buggy in the dunes, and as the original yuppie grocery getter

88 XJ, 3" lift, 31-10.50's, custom bumpers and winch/tow bar mounts, Warn 9500HS, custom sliders/steps, camo paint, & headliner

Member: FSJ Prissy Restoration Assoc.
Old 05-05-2018, 04:11 PM
258 I6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rang-a-stang
I love Jeff Foxworthy's "..you might be a redneck" jokes. I'm not so much redneck as I am a car guy. Here are some indicators of FSJ guys that i have noticed. Please reply with indicators that you have noticed will also show a true FSJ guys

-If you have trouble finding a T-Shirt in your clean clothes that doesn't have permanent car fluid stains on it...
-If you can name the fluid(s) that made the stains on most of your shirts and you know when you got it there but you have trouble noticing when your wife has a new shirt on...
-If you know the cost you paid for every part you have put on your Jeep but you dare not add it all up...
-If you have a 2 or more car garage that has enough parts in it to build a FSJ, yet your FSJ lingers in the weather night after night...
-If you know the status of every FSJ and FSJ part on Craigslist in your area, at any given time...

EVERY one of those is true for me....
Old 05-07-2018, 11:57 AM
Administrator

-If when you see another FSJ driving around but you're in another car makes you feel like watching your girlfriend kiss someone else...
-If you are genuinely shocked that less than half the bolts you removed in a given project were not rusted/seized, broken, or missing...
-If it doesn't matter if you are in a hurry or late, you will always stop and go back to check out a FSJ that you saw parked as you drove by...
-If you have a large part for sale and the ONLY people that would consider buying it are far enough away that shipping is so expensive, it is not worth selling...
-If you finally decided to throw out that large part for sale (because no one wants to pay for shipping and you don't want to store it), then you hear from 3 people local that would come to pick it up...