International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Reader's Rigs > Wagoneers

Old 08-14-2005, 12:24 PM
Administrator

This is the original luxury SUV, built by Kaiser from 1966 to 1969, approximately 1,200 were built overall and I suspect that less than 50 were built for the 1969 model year. If you have accurate, confirmed productions numbers for all Super Wagoneers, please contact me directly at rmsquaredjeeps@aol.com.

This 1414X Super Wagoneer is equipped with a recently rebuilt 0.30 over Buick 350 V8 equipped with a 4 barrel carburetor and is mated to a GM TH400 3-speed automatic transmission with a console mounted shifter. The interior features vinyl trimmed deluxe bucket seats and a factory-installed A/C unit mounted in the glove box location of other Wagoneers.

Although my Super Wagoneer has been painted recently, it goes off road at least a half dozen times a year, most recently in Cottonwood Canyon, NV in a quest to find the remains of a A-12 (single seat version of the SR-71 Blackbird) that crashed 70 miles east of Groom Lake/Area 51. Photos of that trip can be viewed at http://jeepwriter.homepage.com/A12trip.html.

If you're interested in a more detailed history on the 1966 to 1969 Super Wagoneers I invite you to take a look at my Super Wagoneer Home Page and Registry at http://jeepwagoneer.homepage.com/SW1.html

Richard Truesdell