I have gotten tired of working on the Jeep project. Took a few days off ...
Yesterday, I did remove the brake system and cut the adjustable rod length to set the pedal height.
Then tightened up all the high pressure hoses for what I think will be the last time.
First pic - This inside where the rod comes through to the brake pedal pin. i have yet to install the washer and cotter pin.
Second pic - Brake pedal in relation to accel pedal height. I can adjust this as there this is a threaded rod.
Next, I got the Camaro accel pedal. It has no offset. Removed the stock pedal and started to mock this one up.
I removed the plastic spacer so only the metal back remained.. then played around with where/how to mount it.
Turns out, there are some holes in the middle of the pedal. one of these lined up reasonably well with one of the original accel pedal mount holes. Heck, lets try it.
Sure enough, it locates the pedal pretty well. I sat in the driver seat and it feels and works well. I will add another bolt and call it good.