Items of note when installing the BDS' 4" Leaf Suspension System:
1. Bolts will seize. Use a 12" breaker bar.
2. You may have to grind the back of the rear springs to get them to fit in the shackles. Take the rear shackles all the way off first to tell if you need too.
3. The gastank skidplate may need to be taken off to reach a bolt/nut.
4. I recieved two types of shocks, two long ones and two shorter ones. Check out all shocks, put the longer ones in the back.
5. I just noticed on the rear spring, the front "clip" holding the leaves together is rubbing on the frame under extreme articulation. Check your's! It many need to be moved.
6. If possible find a shop with a large lift that can raise the body of the jeep. Makes things wonderfull. And then you can stand under the jeep.
7. Have a friend help!
I am not a good mechanic. With the proper tools, a shop with a lift, and a friend; we finished in 7 hours. I do realize that not everyone is fortunate enough to have a auto hobby shop. But if you smooze and make friends with mechanics, chances are you could use their shops on the weekends!
Again, I am not a good mechanic. I'm dumb. But if I was able to install a 4" lift, so can you.
[ October 09, 2001: Message edited by: dippythelovebug ]
[ November 05, 2001: Message edited by: Sitting Bull ]