International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Tech

Old 12-15-2008, 02:47 PM

1986 Grandwagoneer Vacuum Installation

Hello all. I just bought my first Jeep, an '86 Grand Wagoneer. I bought it to use as a winter vehicle without first inspecting it and found out that someone has removed all of the vacuum lines from under the hood. I have since learned that almost everything in this truck runs off of vacuum. The truck starts and drives, but there are several vacuum connections all over under the hood that are not connected to anything.

I am trying to re-install all of the vacuum lines to see what all really works and what needs to be repaired.

I have a Clymer manual and have found various vacuum diagrams. I can get just about all of the parts necessary to re-install all of the vacuum stuff. I have searched online, but cannot find any pictures of the vacuum lines installed under the hood.

What I am trying to find are some actual pictures of where the different vacuum accessories are and what they look like. Also, anything about the exact routing of the vacuum lines.

Does anyone here have some pictures or know where I can find some to help me get everything reconnected?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:50 PM
Bleedin' Gasoline

under the hood on the radiator support there is an exact diagram of what the vacuum system was from the factory. I know on mine it is on the driverside.
2014 Polaris RZR 570- PRP Bench Seats. 3 -5 point harness,2" lift kit, roof, windshield
Old 12-15-2008, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep Craze
under the hood on the radiator support there is an exact diagram of what the vacuum system was from the factory. I know on mine it is on the driverside.

I have the same diagram.

I guess what my real problem is that I don't know what all I'm missing other than the vacuum lines. I am not sure where the different vacuum regulators and valves (not sure about the terms) are actually located.

The shop manual and diagrams I have don't really show good detail about what goes where (three vacuum lines going into a device without showing what the device looks like or where it is physically installed).

I was hoping that someone has gone through their vacuum system and took some photos and made really good notes about what they did that they would share with me.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:08 PM
Gear Head

http://www.oljeep.com/gw/vac/GW_vacuum.html
http://www.oljeep.com/gw/vac/84-86/8...um-diagram.jpg

the above links will help you figure it out