International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Tech

Old 02-24-2004, 02:50 AM

Anyone have a how to for installing these. Mine are both rusty, so I ordered some new ones with the little seal strips from BJs. I am hoping it will fix my problem. My windows don't roll all the way up. There is a 1/4" gap between the window and the top of the door.

I may wait to install these until I can get some new parts. I would like to replace the inner and outer wipers, and all the channels the windows ride in around the door. Mine are wasted, and the **** windows rattle like crazy. I plan to tackle the rear window next.
Old 02-24-2004, 01:12 PM

Anyone?
Old 02-25-2004, 01:02 AM
Master Mechanic

Front Doors, not real hard, just have a good look before starting.
This is as I did it with manual windows.

Remove all of the trim. be gentle on the plastic clips. With window down remove inner and outer window wipes. Pull out top window channel seal to allow removal of the Quater vent window. Undo top screws holding Quarter vent and then the bolts holding Q-vent channel. With window down as far as possible pull Q-vent back and remove. Remove clip from winder control arm that holds lifter channel. Pull out window. Rod for the door lock may need to be taken off.
As with most things installation is the reverse.

Once old channel is removed and window cleaned up, fit the new one using soapy water on the rubber, then gently tap it into place with a wooden mallet.
Lifter channel goes one way only, short end to the front and beveled side to the outside. This gives a better seal on the outer wipe. IIRC.

'82 Cherokee Sportsman II,360, auto. As it rolled of the Show Room floor. Except for; LPG conversion, On board air, O2 sensor, rear shackle flip and extended front shackles....Dual batteries on the way Model T timing.
Bearhunters Home Page