International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Tech

Old 03-07-2004, 04:56 AM
Master Mechanic

so there are two circa 72 headliners in the new wagoneers up here in awesome shape. will the one piece be able to be used in place of the two piece that in my 79 wt cherokee?
Old 03-07-2004, 05:05 AM
Señor Jackhead

you'll wanna get the edge rails from the donor with the headliner... never pulled one of these type, might be tedious work. should fit tho...
88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s and a few Evil Twin mods, http://eviltwinfab.com and a few TT's Fabworks mods, http://www.ttsfabworks.com
76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
Old 03-07-2004, 05:21 AM
Master Mechanic

well they do have a two piece in in there that isnt sagged but it needs recovering. so if i can find the material to recover it i might go that route instead seems like there isnt A front and rear trim bar on the one piece like there is on the two piece
Old 03-07-2004, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by roadgrime:
...seems like there isnt A front and rear trim bar on the one piece like there is on the two piece
No there is not and unless they are less than 10 years old I doubt you will get them down in one piece.
Some of the older ones look real nice up there but they have dryrotted and shrunk with heat and age.
I have never gotten one down intact, the front and rear edges are even glued to the body in some places.
Mine looked passable until I took it down to figure out the roof racks, after that it was in about 5-6 sections, I gave up and converted to a 2 piece.

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

Quote:
...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...

Self Inflicted Flesh Wound
Old 03-07-2004, 06:32 AM
Master Mechanic

yea the po had my 2 piece down at one point in time as noted by the plyboard screwed to the cealing above the head liner. i was hoping mine could be repaired but its sagged too much some im left finding a replacememnt and then recovering.