Not much to report. I pulled the oil pan so I could check out the bottom end.
I found a new oil pump gear set in my extra parts,
I just need to get an oil pan gasket on order so I can get it back together.
I spent a good portion of the last few weeks cleaning up the 79 chief and putting things back together.
I reinstalled the radiator and few other bits to get it running using the factory gas tank, I also removed the extra rear gas tank from the spare tire area. Next I started getting the exhaust pipes sealed up to the bottom of the manifolds and mounted the factory pipe back up to the t/case so everything will tuck up where it's suppose to go. I will put on a new cat and new muffler because they were busted and blown out.
My neighbors like a normal sounding jeep when they are as close as we are.
I really need to start a different thread on the 79. Maybe after it's a little closer to being a driver.