International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > General FSJ Tech

Old 01-30-2006, 01:40 PM
Gear Head

Here is the deal I have an 1983 J-10 Front cab on an 1979 J-10 Quadratrac chassis. Good bodies are hard to come buy in NC and so I got an 1983 J-10 shortbed with a great body but with a busted Selectrac Dana 44 and "Mickey Mouse" wiring and tired interior. Ok so I got a 1979 J-10 with a Quadratrac lowrange case and solid drivetrain for $150.00 (Thats not a deal thats a steal). But a Big old oak tree crushed the cab and the bed has no hope. It's a Longbed.

With the story out of the way can I have some help on ideas with the bed. I see maybe lengthen
the short box but thats $$$ in panels and more at the body shop. Can I shorten the frame on a frame jig?? If so were.

Also an other ideas would be great.
Thanks for all the great advice in the past and I know that someone will help me greatly now.

[ January 30, 2006, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: 8379qtj10 ]

It's been real...it's been fun...but it ain't been real fun.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:16 PM
Cowboy Up

Chop 12"s out of the frame aft of the spring hanger and move the hangers forward:

You will likely need to redrill one bed mount point 12"s forward (right by the jack) and it intersects with the shock mount bolt on a '79 frame so you need to relocate the shock mount. The remainder of your bed matching points should be spot on.

[ January 30, 2006, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: Elliott ]