International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tire Kickin' > Off-Road FSJ Tech

Old 09-01-2009, 12:08 AM
Grease Monkey

Narrow the front end

I have seen a few post on here about people talking about narrowing the front end and the only one with pictures was desert beast and it never was finished.

Does anyone have any completed pictures of a narrowed FSJ front end. I really want to do it but would like to see some competed pics especially of the inside of the engine bay.

I would leave the firewall the same width and just take some inches out of the front and adjust/cut hood to match.

Anyone?
Old 09-01-2009, 07:46 AM
Bleedin' Gasoline

I'm far from done on this jeep, but here is a current pic of mine.

I removed the inner/outer fenders and removed the grill. I'm using the stock hood and stock hood mounts. I don't really like the way it looks and will probably remove the stock hood mounts and cut the hood even more.

I just ordered 100' of DOM tubing, so the next business is an exo.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:01 AM
Grease Monkey

What did you do to the core support, did you take it out and use something else to hold in the radiator?

Also where did you putt all the stuff that was on the inner fender/wheel-well?

I am going to try to keep the outer fenders but I want to cut the core support down and just bring the front of the fenders closer together.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:08 AM
Bleedin' Gasoline

I removed some of the stuff from the inner fenders. I'm not running an overflow tank. I welded a couple of brackets on the firewall - one for the starter solenoid and one for the ignition box. Also removed the horn and washer fluid. The engine compartment is nice and clean. I used the factory radiator support bracket, but cut a lot off it. Never removed the radiator during this whole process.

I'm planning to reinstall the outer fenders, but cut them down and angle them towards the inside. Sort of a V shape. DOM tubing will support the fenders and hood.

Even with the hood cut down like it currently is, I still can't see the tires when sitting from the driver seat. Maybe the new 42" IROKS and 1 tons will be a little easier to see
Old 09-01-2009, 08:10 AM
Bleedin' Gasoline

here is a pic from the build. You can see the factory radiator support, just cut down.

Old 09-01-2009, 08:14 AM
FSJ Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherdblake

That's an awesome picture!!! A Honcho with a brow.

JR

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
1966 mustang fastback
'07 Dodge Charger 3.5
Old 09-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Master Mechanic

blt2krl did it. His looks great

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjeep44
After this weekend chicks are gonna need suspenders to keep their panties up when I roll in
Old 09-01-2009, 07:24 PM
FSJ Maniac

Here is what mine looks like. There are various pics from the build stages. The core support is tied back into the tube work and I have an after market radiator catch can. You will not be able to keep your windshield wiper tank and other things as there will be no room. Also keeping the inner fender wheels seemed to be a bigger pain in the "la""la""la" vs the benefit. One of these days we need to get together and wheel.

DANA 60/14 BOLT 5.13'S AND DETROITS
39.5 IROKS C.B.I OFF ROAD TUBING GALORE
www.cbioffroadfab.com
WWW.PLANET4X4.NET
Old 09-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Grease Monkey

Thanks for all the input, I want to maintain he general look of a fsj so I want to keep the outer fernders but I don't care the wheel wells. I am goingto narrow a razor grill to fit up also.

I just want the front a little more narrow it is a little too wide. And yes blt2krl we NEED to wheel