• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Manhattan
    304 AMC
    • Jul 30, 2000

Tellico in October....

Since living in Atlanta, I've wanted to get a group together to hit some trails. Okay, Ouray is done, now there shouldn't be any (but the typical) reasons for not hitting some trails.

It would be great to pick a weekend in October, and plan a Saturday & Sunday trail ride.

I've never been to Tellico, but have heard it's the East Coast's answer to Moab.

Who's up for it?
    Mark
  • fourtrax
    232 I6
    • Dec 16, 2001

Sounds good to me but Tellico is HARD CORE! Most FSJ's aren't setup to run those kinds of trails. A place like Royal Blue TN may be a better choice.

[ August 19, 2002, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: fourtrax ]
    89 Grand Wagoneer 4\"BDS lift, Bushwacker XJ flares, 33x12.50-15 Goodyear MTR\'s, 401/727/229, D44HD/D60-3, 3.73 gears<br /><a href=\"http://www.quadshopatv.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.quadshopatv.com</a>

Comment

• Sitting Bull
      360 AMC
      • Sep 18, 2000

From what I've heard, Tellico has several trails of different rankings...but I'm up for either if y'all need a passenger. There's still a pretty good list on mine before I trust it THAT much.

Manhattan...did you read Bob Barry's fix for pinging (about a week ago or so)? His problem sounded alot like yours. That would also cause some of the overheating issues. How that TFI doing?
      Brad Reardon<br />1977ish Cherokee Chief.

Comment

• BIGYELLOW78J10
        304 AMC
        • Jul 18, 2000

I'd love to go. I need to replace my radiator and add a tranny cooler before then. Alot of the hard trails can be run by lesser rigs with better drivers and no concern for sheet metal. At least that's what my ford driving friends who ran tellico say. I imagine we would be open to anyone who wants to do the run? We need to find someone with a winch to scoop up and bring along. Anyway, if we can make a date soon, I'd love to go.

Daniel
        78 J-10 Rumblin Wreck 2v 360 V-8 Qtrac TH400 Stock down to the rust Highway speed in about an Hour
        85 J-20 4v 360 V-8 Transplant w/ 30k Fresh Rebuilt 727 and a working 208!!! A/C might even work one day!

Comment

• Manhattan
          304 AMC
          • Jul 30, 2000

Sitting Bull... I did see the pinging post - sounds like the cure. The TFI is great - maybe a couple hp but the big gain is in drivability. Bushwood has better throttle response and he jumps off of the line - no more stumbling. If we get the trailride set up, you're welcome to ride with me.

BigYellow... I have a winch but it only works on Jeeps - It's a Jeep winch... really. The label says it's "Jeep Specialty Equipment" I don't think it will pull a Ford
          Mark

Comment

• gsmikie
            Auto Trannie God
            • Feb 18, 2001

(I have a winch but it only works on Jeeps - It's a Jeep winch... really. The label says it's "Jeep Specialty Equipment" I don't think it will pull a Ford) nice ive only seen a couple of these but they work good............
            I\'ve seen gsmikie\'s video for the TH400 and thought it was just awful.watching a guy tear down a greasy pile of metal in a junkyard. it dosent have to be surrounded by water to be an island

Comment

• Manhattan
              304 AMC
              • Jul 30, 2000

gsmikie... it's a Warn M8274 that came on a CJ in the late 70's. A friend bought the Jeep for parts and gave me the winch. I disassembled it, cleaned it, gave it a new cable & hook and it looks and works great. Kinda cool too!
              Mark

Comment

• BIGYELLOW78J10
                304 AMC
                • Jul 18, 2000

HEY, think you can fix a 8274? I know a frined with one, trouble is he swears his f-150 is actually a truck. I have showed him my J-10 and tried to explain to him that a J-10 is a REAL truck, but he just doesn't understand. LETS get this trip going! So who wants to get me a 4" lift?

Daniel
                78 J-10 Rumblin Wreck 2v 360 V-8 Qtrac TH400 Stock down to the rust Highway speed in about an Hour
                85 J-20 4v 360 V-8 Transplant w/ 30k Fresh Rebuilt 727 and a working 208!!! A/C might even work one day!

Comment

• Agent Orange
                  327 Rambler
                  • Jul 30, 2001

I'm planning on going November 1-3 with my brother and a few others if that date works
                  Jon Ellis<br />80 Cherokee WT, 401, SOA, Dana 44s with 4.56 and detroits, 35x14.5 Mickey Bajas, Durabak inside and out<br />77 CJ7 304, 4.10, Lock-right, 35x12.5

Comment

• lanierboy
                    258 I6
                    • Apr 25, 2000

Manhattan, Thanks for the heads up in the General forum. Who knows how long it would be until I found it posted here.

This is a GREAT idea, something to inspire more modifications today. Are there any close camp sites. I would imagine that they will be farily open in October.

Count me in! Bill
                    1987 GW <b>\"Christine\"</b><br />AMC360 / NP229 / TF727<br />Holley Projection 2bbl<br />TFI Ignition upgrade<br />MSD Ignition<br />Skyjacker 4\" Spring lift<br />GoodYear Workhorse 31/10.5<br /><a href=\"http://members.home.net/lanierboy/\" target=\"_blank\">My Web</a>

Comment

• GaWag
                      304 AMC
                      • May 15, 2002

I'll be there as soon as I get my engine swap, lift and axles in. Should be done by then. Later in October the better. I'll keep you posted on progress.

Steve
                      Steve Powers

www.Bluetorchfab.com
                      www.Alternatefuel.com

Comment

i've expressed my interest in wherever we go. i'll be ready in september/october. hopefully i can get that dixie horn ordered by then. by the way does anyone know of any good winter time wheelin' spots. we've been hurt for some good snow for the last few years around these parts. just puttin' a bee in the bonnet maybe for future rides.
                        Places to Wheel in the Southeast

Originally posted by Topgun2mo
                        I would think boxing would limit the amount the frame could flex over obstacles which I think IMO would be a bad thing. I would think you would want all the articulation possible.
                        Originally posted by johnny019
                        I'm not saying lockers don't improve the performance of your rig, just that they're overrated.

Comment

• Manhattan
                          304 AMC
                          • Jul 30, 2000

So... who's in?
                          Mark

Comment

• lanierboy
                            258 I6
                            • Apr 25, 2000

I'm in! and I have the back seat for anyone whose jeeps aren't running. I'm tied up the weekend of September 28th but I'm available Sept 21st or anytime in October.
                            1987 GW <b>\"Christine\"</b><br />AMC360 / NP229 / TF727<br />Holley Projection 2bbl<br />TFI Ignition upgrade<br />MSD Ignition<br />Skyjacker 4\" Spring lift<br />GoodYear Workhorse 31/10.5<br /><a href=\"http://members.home.net/lanierboy/\" target=\"_blank\">My Web</a>

Comment

i was afraid that everyone forgot this post... i'm in, let's roll. name the time and place.
                              Places to Wheel in the Southeast

Originally posted by Topgun2mo
                              I would think boxing would limit the amount the frame could flex over obstacles which I think IMO would be a bad thing. I would think you would want all the articulation possible.
                              Originally posted by johnny019
                              I'm not saying lockers don't improve the performance of your rig, just that they're overrated.

Comment

Working...
                              X