International Full Size Jeep Association
Home Forums Reader's Rigs Tech Library Trail Stories FSJ-List
International Full Size Jeep Association  

Go Back   International Full Size Jeep Association > Tech Archives > Engine

Old 07-13-2000, 06:45 AM
Master Mechanic

Wink

my charcoal canister has 2 lines that I can't figure out where they go....on enipple is labeled PCV and the other is dist vac. Does anyone know exactly where these route to?

also the heater was not connected when I got it so I am trying to figure out where the lines go.....I think I got this one figured out but just wanted to check......
the heater core has a small fitting that I routed to a 90 degree fitting coming out of the back of the manifold and the bigger fitting I connected to the horizontal otlet coming out of the fuel tank.....is this correct?

oh! also one of my vacuum line that was connected to the charcoal canister had a piece of plastic in it with a tiny hole in it. is this necessary???

thanks!

Peace...................BartG
Old 07-13-2000, 08:23 AM
BobBarry

Wink

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Veepster:
my charcoal canister has 2 lines that I can't figure out where they go....on enipple is labeled PCV and the other is dist vac. Does anyone know exactly where these route to?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What size hose does each take? The "dist. vac." would use a manifold vacuum source, while the other would probably be the one that draws the fuel-vapors into the engine, perhaps through the same hose that feeds the PCV valve (doesn't the PCV valve on yours have a hookup for an additional line? The year of the truck would determine this.)

also the heater was not connected when I got it so I am trying to figure out where the lines go.....I think I got this one figured out but just wanted to check......
the heater core has a small fitting that I routed to a 90 degree fitting coming out of the back of the manifold and the bigger fitting I connected to the horizontal otlet coming out of the fuel tank.....is this correct?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FUEL TANK??? No, from the water-pump. The first one is correct.

oh! also one of my vacuum line that was connected to the charcoal canister had a piece of plastic in it with a tiny hole in it. is this necessary???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like a remnant of the old plastic nipple from the old canister that broke off. No, you don't need it.

------------------
Bob Barry
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>* '78 Cherokee 4-door
* '88 Grand Wagoneer[/list] http://studentweb.providence.edu/~rbarry/wheels/
Old 07-13-2000, 09:32 AM
Master Mechanic

Wink

sorry for the incomplete info....78 cherokee 360.....

and yes Bob......water pump! oops!!

connected to the top of the PCV is a little piece that has one of the nipples capped off but it is not the same size.....hhmm

manifold source...I don't have any place to hook it up on the manifold.....I guess I will have to add one..

what size hose??...pretty small, there where 4 outlets on the canister, one went to fuel tank vent, the other float bowl vent. and then the two in question....

this is my last things to hook up before I light this baby off after mucho restoration, oh and one other thing this is a California vehicle...I don't know if it makes a difference but.......
BTW: I have a factory TSM and the vacuum diagrams s*ck!...

thanks for the help!

Peace....................BartG